Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oasis to reform?

What's Hot

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    Very much of their time. I bought into it back then but lost interest after the second LP.

Wouldn't want to see them, Liam can't sing for shit and has got worse with age. Noel is the talent - always preferred his voice and I remember a few decent acoustic demo/b-side stuff of his.

I wouldn't listen to them now on cd even. As I said - of their time but no longevity for me.

Suede and Pulp I can still listen to and some Blur stuff.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Noel is talented no matter how much people dislike him. Thing is he probably earns a pretty good living being the one with song writing credits for pretty much every oasis track, so there'd be little need for him to want to reform the group.

I'd love to be as bad a song writer as him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 856
    edited October 2014
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I seriously hope they don't reform.  Just their public presence obscures other bands who actually are talented and really need the limelight.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Most of their songs are shit, but the ones that are good are brilliant. They're usually the ones with Noel singing.
    My V key is broken
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10533
    I can hear Beatles in their songs , the intro from don't look back in anger is basically the into from imagine the end of she's electric is stolen from the end of I get by with a little help from my friends .... They nicked bits of REM s the one I love and a bit of Gary glitter for what's the story morning glory . There's loads of bits here and there, rock and roll star is half T Rex half Sex Pistols

I like em though plaguarisim aside . People will remember songs like Live Forever for a long time and deservingly so
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Noel would probably agree with a lot of the Oasis comments above. I love this video he's painfully honest about these videos.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Massive big money spinning arena tour beckons whenever they want to get it on. Bank balances will dictate when rather than if this happens.
    capo4th;392944" said:
    Massive big money spinning arena tour beckons whenever they want to get it on. Bank balances will dictate when rather than if this happens.
    Noel's bank balance will dictate when this happens.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    Danny1969 said:
    I can hear Beatles in their songs , the intro from don't look back in anger is basically the into from imagine 
    I think I remember Noel saying it was done deliberately as a piss take to the people who claim they are Beatles copyists. 

I think Noel agreeing to a reformation is based on:
    • How well his solo gigging is going - Selling out the O2 = Very nice thank you
    • How well his recording is going - Last solo album was better than anything Oasis did since the later part of their career
    • How much he needs the money - Has all the writing credits to two of the biggest selling albums of the 90's = Not really
    • How well they get on - No idea?
    Oasis also weren't really a band as much as Noel and Liam + some other blokes so it's not like anyone is going to give a shit about seeing Guigsy again or what line up they would have if they did.

• Would a tour be a big money spinner, though? Is there that much demand for a band who were well past their best when they split? Hardly the unfinished business of The Stone Roses story, is it?

An oasis reunion tour would be huge, they could easily fill any arena they booked. 90% of the audience will be dudes over 30 and the other 10% will be girlfriends of the guys who actually go places with their other half.

I'd rather see another Noel tour but if they reformed I'd more than likely go.
    A guy I went to school with i obsessed enough with oasis to call his kids Liam and Noel.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4632
    Blur and Graham Coxon ftw!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    DesVegas said:
    Blur and Graham Coxon ftw!
    The 90's called, they wanted their feud back.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    holnrew;393036" said:
    A guy I went to school with i obsessed enough with oasis to call his kids Liam and Noel.
    Thank god he stopped breeding - what would he have called his third? Bonehead/Gem?
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited October 2014
    I once started spending time with a girl who was a former catwalk model. We got off with each other a couple of times… then I found out she fancied Liam Gallagher. 

Adding that on top of liking the music of Morrissey I had to walk away.

I rarely slag off bands on here, but I would rather cut off my arse and sit in vinegar than listen to Oasis.
    holnrew;393036" said:
    Thank god he stopped breeding - what would he have called his third? Bonehead/Gem?
    I checked, he just has Liam and Thomas. Maybe the wife only let him have one. Liam is a hideous name (no offence to anyone called Liam on here, it's not your fault you have a shit name)
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited October 2014

holnrew said:
    I checked, he just has Liam and Thomas. Maybe the wife only let him have one. Liam is a hideous name (no offence to anyone called Liam on here, it's not your fault you have a shit name)
    In the case of Liam Gallagher it is short for William
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1140
    it's always short for William is it not ?