Frankenguitar for the multi instrumentalist?

What's Hot
Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 761
edited February 15 in Guitar
I just spotted this wonder on Facebook Marketplace. I think the seller was just having a bit of fun but it does look like it was created by blasting both instruments into each other in the Large Hadron Collider.

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Seamless!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seamless!
    Like Little Ern's hair, you can't see the join.

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was about to say that looks quite well done, then I saw the picture of the back!  Still, as a cheap stage prop I suppose it doesn't really matter what the back looks like (although surely a decent glue joint would have been good enough without needing the metal plate)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 310
    edited February 15
    A trem bridge and through stringing? (It could do with some ferrules on the back, too.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It only needs somebody famous to use it and in the future somebody will be recreating every bodge in minute detail chasing the legendary mojo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Some of Mike Rutherford’s double-necks weren’t a lot more sophisticated, to be honest!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    jdgm said:
    That’s a properly-built one - some of Rutherford’s were also literally two instruments cut down and joined together.

I’m pretty sure he always had the bass neck on the bottom, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    I was about to say that looks quite well done, then I saw the picture of the back!
    Same here!  =)