Gibson or Feline that is the question!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1052
    drphibes said:
    Had a good chat with Jonathan at Feline this afternoon and decided to go with the 59 Amber that he has spoken about in this thread. I thank you all for the opinions and in the end I decided to let my head rule my heart and go for the sensible option. The wife totally agreed so that kind of gave me the go ahead to buy what will be a special guitar for me.

Looking forward to having it in my hands next week. 
    Very nice - I like that one and the "Stripe" one a lot!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 889
    Personally I'm enough of an old punk (I was 17 in 1976) to not want what everyone else has ... so that gives a Feline the edge in my book :-)  My grandad was fond of saying: Don't copy other people, make others copy you. 

I want to rebel against the conformity of being a punk! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have 2 Les Paul Customs, and i took my 1987 White Custom to Feline Guitars and it plays way better than it did before. I also had the pleasure of playing 3 Feline LP shapes to choose the fret wire i preffered and they all played amazing, the neck heel cutaway is genius!

I think alot of it comes down to the whole 'my hero played this' but if money was no object id 100% have a Feline LP next to my 2 and i know they have a beautful white v id have as well.

I think Johnathon said it pefectly when he mentioned a Gibson can be made to play better from a good workshop and they did just that to my 87!!

Have the compensated nut on there too and the intonation and tuning is flawless
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4404
    bertie said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Don't think Jon does custom orders any more.
    He does according to the website

https://felineguitars.com/pages/custom-guitar-easy-payment-plan

why not ask him direct on here ? :)
    Do pay attention, Sherlock...  ;)

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3805177/#Comment_3805177
    FTFY

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 646
    Do Felines ever come without the cat eye inlays or headstock decal? They look like very nicely made guitars, but the cat eyes just don't do it for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MarchMarch Frets: 287
    Feline, all day every day. The ability to get exactly what you want, built to a level and playability you expect from such an outlay, would make it an easy decision for me. Shame Jonathan and the crew are no longer taking custom orders. 
  • A thread with a tangible outcome - good work OP!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11777
    tFB Trader
    Epsilon said:
    Do Felines ever come without the cat eye inlays or headstock decal? They look like very nicely made guitars, but the cat eyes just don't do it for me.
    We have made a few without in a couple of designs but on the Lion model it is very rare, as it is our branding. A few bolt ons and Tiger models and some of the pointy guitars have gone without eyes. 
    Getting a bit academic at this point though as we are transitioning away from custom orders 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• drphibesdrphibes Frets: 68
    My feline arrived and it is one hell of a guitar. Workmanship is second to none and it is a great example of why you do not see any negative comments about Feline custom made guitars. I think I would echo what Ash said earlier in the thread and advise anybody who is thinking of buying to get in there before they have gone. Great service aswell from Jonathon and I can say for certain this one will be a keeper !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    CHRISB50 said:

arse biscuits............. I thought I was new in the thread post order  :lol:

ho hum
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.