Spring forward, fall back

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10771
Reminder
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Could you remind my 3 year old? He seems to have forgotten :(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2014
    I'm still getting at up the same time. Takes me until BST in the spring to get adjusted, then it all starts again.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    'An extra hour in bed' - b0ll0x. I just get up an hour earlier. I'm thinking of complaining to Watchdog about it....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    It's the worst time of year. Plunged into darkness at 5.30pm, and for what, for why?

It really is about time we scrapped it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It's about time we moved our clocks forward in line with the rest of Europe. It's only Portgual which shares the same timezone as us.

• vizviz Frets: 10771
    So long as we can still call it GMT and not +1 or something.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    yay for lighter mornings and the return of GMT. Not being someone who lives their life by a clock I don't care how early it gets dark.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I'm up for it, for a change. It means my morning run won't be in complete blackness. So. Bollocks to the lot of ya.
    ;)
    edited October 2014
    VimFuego said:
    yay for lighter mornings and the return of GMT. Not being someone who lives their life by a clock I don't care how early it gets dark.

Lol! So why does it matter to you what time the bright morning is? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014

dunno, just like early mornings I guess. Never been a lie in kind of person.

Having lived all my life on the east half of the country, I really notice how much later in the morning it gets light here in the west. So anything that makes it get light earlier (even if time is just a number on a clock face) is good by me.

Fair enough - I'm the same :)
    I mean, I'm similar, not I'm the same person as you.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    It's about time we stopped this utter nonsense once and for all, like the Russians have just done. Pick a time zone and stick to it all year round. I'd rather it was GMT but I could live with it being GMT+1. GMT+2 is daft here at any time of year.

Or do you think that changing what we call the hours actually increases the amount of daylight? In the modern world where most of us work by the clock and not by daylight it's a farce to keep changing it back and forward.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    edited October 2014
    or split the difference and move the clocks half an hour then leave it all year, so we get the best of both. 

All my clocks change automatically - apart from my alarm that I forget to adjust...  doh!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    I heard a discussion on the radio the other day saying we should go forward an additional hour because the lighter evenings would allow more social activity and encourage kids to play outside.  Or something.  

Personally I'd find it a lot more depressing and miserable getting up and going to work in total darkness for a large chunk of the year than it is coming home in darkness.

And I quite like the ritual of changing the clocks twice a year, to be honest. 

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11734
    tFB Trader
    Can we get 25 hours in a day instead?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    You can get an extra 37 minutes a day on Mars.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

as I understand it, before the railways there was no universal set time for the whole of the UK, each region had its own time. We should go back to that's system, can you imagine the chaos that would ensue?!?

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    ICBM said:
    You can get an extra 37 minutes a day on Mars.
    Do you use to it work, rest or play?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I did your suggestion and now my head hurts. With hindsight I should have put a pillow down first.