SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Mike McCready Signature Stratocaster MIM (relic haters keep moving)

What's Hot
jacksonunitedjacksonunited Frets: 247
edited February 25 in Guitars £
Fender Mike McCready signature Strat MIM

Reluctant sale but (despite being in a Grunge tribute band) I don’t use it that much! I use it for Yellow Ledbetter and River of Deceit. Firstly it looks awesome and secondly, it’s sounds exactly like the Pearl Jam Strat tone through a Marshall Plexi

Now, does the relic job look like the Master Built Custom Shop version? No, but it’s not that far off the regular Custom Shop Strats I have had to be honest. When you’re on stage, it looks the part. Mike McCready uses these live…apart from being on Fenders payroll I think that’s a testament to the quality

There’s light playing wear - apart from the obvious

Not looking for trades sorry. Purely a sale at this point. Apart from guitars, I also have a TVR which is trying it’s hardest to bankrupt me

Postage is fine as I kept the original box, or collect if you fancy having a play first (Southampton)

£1200 

now £1150

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5010
    Bargain! Looks the nuts too :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2391
    A friend of mine recently bought one of these and he absolutely loves it. It booted a Dave Murray signature Strat out of his collection fwiw.
  • V cool but never thought I'd see the day when a MIM Strat goes for £1200 used
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    edited February 16
    Keefy said:
    It booted a Dave Murray signature Strat out of his collection fwiw.
    Different tools for different jobs, surely?

The DM Strat has 3 humbuckers, a Floyd Rose, a compound radius fretboard, and costs £400+ less at RRP, although not sure why it does with such a generous spec. 
  • Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 56
    These look really cool. GLWTS
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2391
    StefB said:
    Keefy said:
    It booted a Dave Murray signature Strat out of his collection fwiw.
    Different tools for different jobs, surely?

The DM Strat has 3 humbuckers, a Floyd Rose, a compound radius fretboard, and costs £400+ less at RRP, although not sure why it does with such a generous spec. 
    Fair enough, they are chalk and cheese, but he ended up loving the one more than the other.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5910
    Cimmerian said:
    V cool but never thought I'd see the day when a MIM Strat goes for £1200 used
    Seems you haven’t been keeping up with the times. The top lines out of the Mexico plant are amongst the very best stuff that Fender currently produce. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    DM’d 
  • dazzajl said:
    Cimmerian said:
    Seems you haven’t been keeping up with the times. The top lines out of the Mexico plant are amongst the very best stuff that Fender currently produce. 
    I agree that it is a very cool guitar but the value is debatable and a whole other discussion. My point still stands that I never expected to see use MIM Strats to go for this price. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    Cimmerian said:
    dazzajl said:
    Cimmerian said:
    I agree that it is a very cool guitar but the value is debatable and a whole other discussion. My point still stands that I never expected to see use MIM Strats to go for this price. 
    One of the best rules on here is that we don't comment on prices in sale threads. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGee said:
    Cimmerian said:
    dazzajl said:
    Cimmerian said:
    I agree that it is a very cool guitarwho but the value is debatable and a whole other discussion. My point still stands that I never expected to see use MIM Strats to go for this price. 
    One of the best rules on here is that we don't comment on prices in sale threads. 
    Well then my apologies to all those clearly feel that I have broken this rule. My comment was more aligned to thinking of how the prices of *all things* are now beyond what I would have expected and not a comment as to whether or not this price is fair or value for money. Once again, OP and members, you have my apology and I shan't make the same mistake. 
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 569
    Nice ! . . . GLWTS . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Beautiful… and bloody tempting!
  • Bump
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    Poor thing.  If you give me £500 I'll take it off your hands and get it repainted properly.  :-)

GLWTS
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jacksonunitedjacksonunited Frets: 247
    edited February 22
    Price drop bump £1150
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5010
    I don't hate relic'd guitars - I just pity them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you for prowla said:
    I don't hate relic'd guitars - I just pity them.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings 
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 569
    Nice ! . . . I need to stop looking at this :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Still here bump