Boss OD-200 Manual

spev11spev11 Frets: 327
My new (supposedly) Boss OD-200 just arrived and, as well as the scratches all over the bass of it there's no manual with it. Everything I've had from Boss (certainly the multi stuff) has had a printed manual or start up guide. 
 I know the manual is available for download but for 210 quid I'm kinda disappointed. I waiting for response from the shop I bought it from so I'll not name and shame them yet.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7240
    edited February 16
    That definitely sounds like a customer return or shop demo item being advertised as new.  Curious to hear their excuse or admission of fault, and whether it will be "Whoops, we are very sorry.  Somebody put the wrong pedal in the box or the wrong box in the package" or whether you will be challenged to prove it with photos.  I'm sure Roland / Boss have the serial numbers on a sticker on the side of the box as well as on the base of the item, so that should be easy enough to check and see whether a used pedal has been slipped into the box for a new pedal feloniously.  I can't recall if new Boss pedals have that circular or oval sticky tab around the corner of where the box opens as a security check.

Direct link:
  • I got a manual with my MD200.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 327
    Serial number matches, I took photos as soon as I saw the marks (about 10 minutes after it arrived at my work place, didnt open it immediately as I was busy) . In fairness they have been really good whenever I've had to contact them so I hope this will be no different. I'd be happy with a bit of cash back really
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 327
    They giving me a partial refund so all is well in the (pedal centred around an OD-200) world
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7240
    That's good.  I would still be curious as to how the manual went walkies and the unit was scratched, but you won't get that answer.