NAD Hamstead Studio RT 20

What's Hot
DeepBlueWitchDeepBlueWitch Frets: 51
edited February 17 in Amps
Just snagged an old second hand one on reverb. Bit mucky but she’s cleaned up well. Lovely cleans and very flexible sound. Really happy with it and as you can imagine it was quite a late night last night. Has anyone else had or tried one of these. I had not heard much about them until recently. Highly recommend and very happy. And finally, thank you to all those good people who took time to steer me toward my new amp, you are appreciated more than you know

regards Mark.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    edited February 17
    Great discovery and congratulations!
    Absolutely love mine. (Artist 20+RT) Beautiful cleans indeed. Has its own thing with subtle familiar tones.
    Clever adjustments fitted to tweak to taste. 
    Totally enhances pedals too!
    enjoy many happy hours
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congrats. I have both the Artist 20+RT and 60+RT which I run as a stereo setup. Best pedal platform amps I've encountered.
  • Something not quite right with mine at the moment, at least I hope that’s the case, doesn’t sound right to my ears. A trip to Cambridge being planned as we speak, getting the 2,7 and 20 watt upgrade and I suspect some new valves. 
  • Hamstead support is excellent in my experience. Peter Hamstead himself has responded to my queries in the past. Hope you get yours sorted.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    had a quick ewechoob listen  -  wow, sounds wonderful,    good NAD
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Are they of Vox heritage, tone-wise? Congratulations 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    Are they of Vox heritage, tone-wise? Congratulations 
    You can hear Vox, Fender & Marshall flavours in them according to settings, however they have their own voice which is a very pleasant combination.
  • I would say they have their own sound, and can lean toward box, fender and Marshall.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14003
    Nice one. If and when I let the Mesa Boogie MK V 35 go, a Hamstead RT20+ is on the shortlist 

• CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 237
    I have the RT20+, not sure which version but not the most recent one. It came with a Celestion Alnico Cream.

I really like it and the attention to detail on the construction is fabulous.

I do have a question though for those that own one. The two position bright switch seems to do absolutely nothing. Is it so subtle that it can't be heard (or perhaps only heard at gig volume) or could it be faulty?

I used to use it for gigging frequently and thought it did have at least an audible effect on the tone!
  • Yes the bright switch is quite subtle but you should be able to hear the difference, and yes I agree fabulous amps. Mine is back in Cambridge for the 20,7 and 2 watt power switch, mine is old and has the pentode/triode mode switch. £250 for a service and upgrade and as Mr Love put it a couple of tweeks to bring it up to date. Looking forward to getting it back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6819
    Congrats. I have both the Artist 20+RT and 60+RT which I run as a stereo setup. Best pedal platform amps I've encountered.
    The 20+RT was mine and it's probably the best amp that I didn't keep. Excellent thing. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    cant find any info on tinterwebz  - is there a difference between the Studio 20 and the Artist 20 ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.