Tuners. TC Electronic or Korg?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    I've used the Korg and TC polyphonic tuners - both are excellent. In my experience, the TC's display is marginally easier to read, but the Korg is a touch less twitchy.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 277
    Either the tuner in my multi FX (M9 for bass, G major 2 for guitar), or a clip on.  TC electronic unitune clip on is great. Probably not suitable for folks who use whammy bars and full Marshall stacks, but otherwise fast, light, reliable, easy to see. 

I was going to add 'accurate', but I have never had a tuner that wasn't, so that's not really a selling point. 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Strobostomp HD here too.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27002
    PolyTune. I have 2 minis and 2 clips and even though I use a Shure wireless with a built in tuner I still have the PT mini on the board because it means I can check tuning in 2 seconds mid-song if I need to
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I've got the OG Boss TU-2, had it since 2008 and still working perfectly. I've also got the Polytune and its also great, both work for what I need, mainly muting between songs and quick tuning on the fly.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    I've got the OG Boss TU-2, had it since 2008 and still working perfectly. I've also got the Polytune and its also great, both work for what I need, mainly muting between songs and quick tuning on the fly.
    My TU2 died recently, I had mine since 2006.  I think one of the jack inputs has gone. 

I bought a cheap tuner pedal off AliExpress and it has a really loud foot switch.  
  • I've got the OG Boss TU-2, had it since 2008 and still working perfectly. I've also got the Polytune and its also great, both work for what I need, mainly muting between songs and quick tuning on the fly.
    My TU2 died recently, I had mine since 2006.  I think one of the jack inputs has gone. 

I bought a cheap tuner pedal off AliExpress and it has a really loud foot switch.  
    No way! These things last forever (mind you I hadn't used it in about 3-4 years partly due to the covid pandemic plus the last band I was in breaking up. But I dusted it off last year and it still works fine.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1503
    Korg Pitchblack Poly. I used to have a Tu-3, hated it, sold it. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Haven't tried the Korg tuners, but I've got a full-size Polytune and a Polytune Mini and I'm perfectly happy with both. Reliable, readable, stable, and the poly tuning trick is great for a quick pre song tuning check when you're playing live.

Unfortunately I've done most of my public playing on an acoustic tuned to DADGAD recently, which makes the polyphonic tuning feature useless. Oh well.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I've got a couple of Polytunes and find them great, although for some reason the mini on my acoustic board doesn't always register the low E too quickly.
    I've had a Korg and didn't like it - found it less accurate 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    I can say from experience, if you ever have cause to use the Pitchblack outdoors in the sun, it’s impossible to see - the plastic the display it is made of just diffuses the ambient light. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1331
    Polytune Mini 2 on my gigging board. Song ends, quick strum to see if anything is more than a tiny bit out, straight into the next song.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Korg for me I have 3 of 'em. I have a Boss clip on one for acoustic.
    Don't touch that dial.