Epiphone Firefly 30w

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3683
Any thoughts on these?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    I had one !!! Probably 14 years ago maybe?

The clean sound was really good  - really very good ! One of the best clean tones I've ever heard.

The drive sound was pants

The effects - I cannot remember

I bought it because i didn't have a proper am at the time and this was cheap in Dawsons - however times moved on i upgraded amps and this one left the stable.

Looked nice in it's red tolex though !

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3683
    gubble said:
    I had one !!! Probably 14 years ago maybe?

The clean sound was really good  - really very good ! One of the best clean tones I've ever heard.

The drive sound was pants

The effects - I cannot remember

I bought it because i didn't have a proper am at the time and this was cheap in Dawsons - however times moved on i upgraded amps and this one left the stable.

Looked nice in it's red tolex though !

Can you remember it being heavy?
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    @robgilmo - yes for a 1x10 solid state combo it was quite heavy. 

The cab was quite large for what it was - which probably helped with the sound.

I now remember new i paid £100 for it and sold it for £50 - it was advertised on here but ended up going to a mate who was local.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 412
    Depends what you count as heavy. Personally I'd recommend you go for a Valve Senior or maybe the valve special if you are into that particular aesthetic of Epiphone amp. I'm a big fan of the BC30 which most definitely does count as heavy (26kg) but which sounds lovely.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3683
    Thanks guys, its for sale locally and the first thing I thought was my wee boy would love that. I'm waiting to hear back from his guitar teacher if he needs a battery amp or could he use mains power, although if its heavy it might not be so good for him.