Godin Solidac opinion sought

spev11spev11 Frets: 424
I’ve had a yearning for a godin of some kind for a while now, I like the shapes and the weirdness of the little details.
theyve always been a bit out of my range but a solidac has come up in my budget ( also a session but I’m more into the solidac) . As always it’s too bloody far away for me to view it so I’m looking for some nudges in either direction.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14843
    Paging @TTony ;

Superficial first impressions - the Session is fugly. If you squint at the Solidac, it looks a little like a Core PRS EGII.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28097
    Not me @Funkfingers !

I’ve had various Godins through the years, and have one currently (was playing it earlier today, so I *know* I’ve still got it), but never a Solidac.

Impressions of the brand more generally - I like that they do their own thing with the designs and the tech, I’ve never had any problem with quality of materials, components or finish, playability has always been great, but I’ve sold all but this one (for now) because …

And only ever buy s/h - they lose value quicker than an out of date prawn sandwich.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5523
    Had one years ago. It was fun - my first guitar with a piezo so I was playing a lot of live-arrangement Rush. But I did have to
    spend a lot of money at one point gutting the electronics and having it rewired due to a number of failures. More expensive than normal due to the piezo, and I’m sure I spent too much considering what it was worth.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 424
    Oddly I like both the Solidac and the Session shape, I am a tad worried about the electronics in the Solidac but its also what attracted me to it (other than the shape). I'm happy to repair most things but piezo saddles seem quite pricey on initial searches.