New 70s lefty strat x2

What's Hot
RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 374
edited February 22 in Guitar
Hi, I’m new here

Thought I’d share this pair I picked up a few months back: all original 73 & 77 beater w/ stripped finish & some electrics switched out. Not really a Strat person, although fell in love with these two for different reasons.

Both have slim necks, the 73 is really light & surprisingly hot pickups. The 77 is just a joy to play; love the dimarzio sds in the bridge.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 295
    Welcome from a fellow lefty.

It's rare to see pictures of a lefty guitar here. I hope you have lots of fun with those two. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    I don’t know if it because of when I was born and when I first got into guitars (I started playing in ‘72 and probably knew what a Fender was about three years later) but I really love the look of 70s Strats. 

Hope you enjoy them - they look fantastic.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4404
    Another lefty here.

I do like the very late 60’s / 70’s larger headstock. 

Lovely guitars. I hope you enjoy them.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Thanks all, nice to meet you  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love 70's Fenders. I was looking at the 73 but Xmas got in the way and the realisation that I probably don't need another guitar. I didn't see the 77 for sale though so a good find or you snapped it up really quickly. The natural finish looks cool, I'm presuming the finish has been stripped?
  • Love 70's Fenders. I was looking at the 73 but Xmas got in the way and the realisation that I probably don't need another guitar. I didn't see the 77 for sale though so a good find or you snapped it up really quickly. The natural finish looks cool, I'm presuming the finish has been stripped?
    TBH, I don’t need the 73. I just haven’t really seen many pre-75 CBS lefties, and it was a great price. Not sure if the market is that dead, or the fact it wasn’t showing up on eBay searches, why it hung around for so long.

I jumped on the 77- seen a few really cool guitars disappear after taking time to think about them. Yeah, been stripped. Smells like a practice room & it’s a bit grim. It’s perfect. 
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 758
    Gotta love a big Stratocaster headstock. The smaller ones just don't look right to me !
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23841
    Nice, but the '77 looks especially excellent.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101 said:
    Gotta love a big Stratocaster headstock. The smaller ones just don't look right to me !
    I used to hate them, but like 10 or so years ago I had a road-to-Damascus moment and realised that the big, fonky CBS-style headstocks are awesome.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    I love Fullerton-built Fenders, I kind of lost interest in Fender the early 1980s when they went bust and just started building blockboard horrors in factories all over the world and I've never really bothered with them since. 

Those two look great. 
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 584
    Another lefty checking in.
    They look awesome. 
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • Two lefts don’t make a right ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Revolutions said:

TBH, I don’t need the 73. I just haven’t really seen many pre-75 CBS lefties, and it was a great price. Not sure if the market is that dead, or the fact it wasn’t showing up on eBay searches, why it hung around for so long.

I jumped on the 77- seen a few really cool guitars disappear after taking time to think about them. Yeah, been stripped. Smells like a practice room & it’s a bit grim. It’s perfect. 
    I did eventually find out the 77 had been re-listed but it never appeared for me. I do know there are issues with eBay search orders which have been going on for months now. 

I must be looking in the wrong place if I'm not seeing cool guitars.  =)