SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitars for sale... Knaggs, Manson, Red Rocket, FCS Strat, maybe more...

What's Hot
WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5510
edited February 28 in Guitars £
Time for a "it's not been played often enough in the past year so it has to go" clearout - might list these on eBay soon, not sure how I feel about doing that now but we'll see how it goes. For now first crack go to Fretboarders! Might add a few more as time goes on too, still going through a few to decide what to keep or sell.

Pictures will be added and updated as I can over the next few days... some of the pics I've added are gallery pics from dealers or builders, but they are of the actual guitar. Have taken a few snaps of most of them myself recently anyway and adding those, will do more if you want any.

MASTER GALLERY WITH MANY PICS IS HERE - https://imgur.com/a/bdDswN8
Additional galleries: Manson - https://imgur.com/a/nSyf6ro
Additional pics of all of them, some are my snaps, some are not my originals but those that aren't are all of actual guitars: https://imgur.com/a/6jSz8G2

TRADES: very outside possibility but probably not. More likely to consider if there is also cash coming my way, but based on the sort of stuff I'm interested in it's probably unlikely unless you really need to move something on! Currently on an offset kick, put it that way.

SHIPPING: no problem, at the expense of doing so, collection possible in Surrey of course as well

===

First up, a beautiful Knaggs Keya. Serial number 103, this is an early one in the rare Springburst finish, a lovely shade of green. On paper it was sold as Tier 3 but after checking with Peter at Knaggs, it has what would now be graded as a Tier 1 top as it was actually originally built for an artist - Jon Gutwillig of Disco Biscuits. He took it for a few weeks, allegedly played it at Madison Square Garden and a few other shows and then sent it back for reasons known only to him. Knaggs at-the-time UK distributor then bought it up and sold it on, it was not sold as "used' or anything, it was immaculate when I got it and has only the slightest of play swirling and some tarnishing on the nickel which is to be expected almost a decade on from its birth.

The Keya is a 24-fret tone machine with a short scale (24.75") - so very much kind of Joe Knaggs' take on the PRS Santana that way. Carved maple top, mahogany back, mahogany neck and a rosewood fretboard with dot inlays. It has an ebony headstock fascia with inlaid logo, custom Knaggs 2-in-1 "Influence" bridge and stoptail, and a single master volume and tone knob wired up to two Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups (which were at the time Tier 1 or 2 only. (NB Knaggs has now abandoned the Tier system as a package, they currently use it only to indicate the visual grade of the wood on any given model, but in the old days the Tier specified all the appointments...). The neck shape is called an '85' and is probably on the slightly smaller end of 'medium' - it's meant to be a shredder's delight, but it's not too thin which is good for me anyway.

This one weighs a very comfortable 7lb 10oz or so and it just a riff machine! Includes OHSC of the teardrop variety (originally only Tier 1s got that one) and what little case candy they were including in those days. This one predates the spec sheets/certificates they now include.

Looking for £2,500 for this one.

===

Manson MA Classic Bigsby Limited Edition

Gorgeous no-frills Manson guitar loaded with TV Jones Classic/Classic+ Filter'Trons and a USA B5 Bigsby. Gloss black, alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. Weight about 8lbs13oz or so, so a bit on the heftier side, but the Bigsby'll do that. Classic Manson soft-V neck shape.

The woodworking on these was done in Czechia iirc and the final assembly done in the UK at the Manson plant, to save a little money. It's in excellent shape, with some light swirling as you can imagine, impossible to avoid on a deep gloss black. Includes the Manson rigid-ish gig bag and the manual/COA.

Looking for £750 for this.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/nSyf6ro

===

SOLD - Fidelity Double Standard

Absolutely beautiful Burgundy Mist Double Standard with Mojo P90-sized Filtertrons and a ridiculously beautiful highly-figured maple neck.

I've often said that Fidelity is the "British Novo" based on the look and feel of these instruments (having owned two Novos myself in the past) and this is no exception. It's a factory relic so obviously quite well-worn, probably "medium" aging. This is an older one so differs slightly in construction to what they are doing now - it's a roasted swamp ash top glued onto a chambered swamp ash body (which I understand is not roasted). The 25.5" scale neck is roasted maple with a maple board with flame for weeks. It's probably best described as a medium C on the larger side of medium - good handful but not too big. The rolled fretboard edges are astonishingly comfy. The pickups are awesome - Mojo is amazing, as we all know, and these sound pretty when they are clean but also crazy good under drive. A real rock machine with loads of vibe. Has a series mode on the rotary pickup selector. 

Includes original hardshell case and some paperwork - not that there was a lot, just a little manual.

Here's a video review of this exact guitar which seemed to hit a couple "influencers" before ending up for sale new at Wunjo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzy7DE3BduQ

Just £950 for this 100% British-made beauty! SOLD

===

SOLD - Bunting Melody Queen - "Tuxedo" black relic

Selling the exact guitar reviewed here so I'll let Chris V do the sales pitch - https://guitar.com/reviews/electric-guitar/bunting-melody-queen/

It's awesome, lightweight, the Duesenberg trem design has all the benefits of a Bigsby with very few of the downsides.

This one has some case rash on it - quite a bit actually. The review above actually mentions it, it was delivered that way. Priced accordingly - I bet someone handy with some sandpaper could probably buff it out but it does cover large swathes of the guitar. Difficult to photograph, it's kind of a smearing that's not fully smooth next to areas that are. Being a "relic" I didn't care that much!

The Mojo 58-64 JM pickups are awesome. Superb example of a Jazzmaster pickup that output "just right" and with no ice-pickiness.

To get one of these from Bunting directly would be pushing almost £4k now after taxes, I'll let it go for just £1250. SOLD. 

(continued below!)
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5510
    ===

Fender Parallel Universe II "Magico" Telecaster

This was a spare-no-expense effort from Fender to get a Thorn design into the general public's hands with little to no compromise. It's got a transparent Daphne blue over ash body, a chunky-feeling satin lightly figured flame maple neck with block inlays, two custom gold foil pickups firmly in the Teisco design camp - made by Fender, but I believe that these actually sound slightly better than the Lollars I had in my Novo Serus J. This particular example keeps it all under 7lbs, includes the surf green OHSC and case candy and is pretty immaculate. There's mother-of-toilet-seat everywhere on this bad boy, and if you like bling, it's absolutely the guitar for you.

Asking prices for these have gone cuckoo - I genuinely don't understand it - so rather than the £2400 that everyone wants elsewhere, I'll be happy with only £1650.

===

Fender Custom Shop '56 RI Stratocaster Journeyman Relic

I've got three Strats at the moment and one has to go - trying it on with this one first, if it doesn't sell, nbd, will happily hang onto it as it's a great workhorse.

It's a swamp ash bodied 1956 reissue with a 10/56V maple neck/9.5" board in a period-incorrect "Chocolate" 3TSB finish. The "Chocolate" means that the sunburst fades to a very dark brown rather than full on black, and I love the look (hey, it's one reason why I bought the guitar!). It has a set of classic Fat 50's pickups, Vintage Modified #2 wiring which means tone works on the bridge, and it weighs just a hair over 7 1/2 pounds. Includes the shop traveller, cert, case candy, everything it came with and it's pretty much in the condition I bought it in - Journeyman being an excellent finish level for people who don't REALLY like relics but love the feel of a very played-in instrument.

Awesome example of a 50s-era reproduction! Looking for £2,500 for it.

===

Red Rocket Classic Deluxe Atomic

Red Rocket makes very few guitars if any nowadays - so hard to find these secondhand as well. This one is maybe about five or six years old. It's a super take on a Custom Telecaster. Luthier Matt was always known for having access to the absolute best wood - this example has a 2 piece double-bound (checkerboard binding) alder body, figured maple neck, and a super dark rosewood board. Pickups are a McNelly Stagger Swagger neck humbucker and a McNelly Signature bridge pickup - I am genuinely unsure if it is A2 or A5 though, which are the two flavours McNelly makes. Stainless steel frets. Hardware is all Gotoh. Lovely deep glossy 3TSB finish. Weighs just 7 lbs 7.4oz - exceptional overall shape, some swirling as always but no dings/dents. Includes branded OHSC but literally nothing else - the only other thing you got when you bought one of these was a T-shirt which I have long worn out - there is no paperwork or even adjustment tools included.

Looking for £2,200 for this one.

Some videos of the actual guitar being played - please ignore the info they give about the pickups, they are wrong, they copied & pasted those from a different guitar they had for sale at the time - 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ueLEBFi-8 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSCgYYbEv4s 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYst4YYZ1zk

Thanks for looking anyway! :D Hope to hear from some of ya soon!
    0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    After a short accidental bump last night (don’t worry, I turned myself in), please enjoy this fully legit bump. Anyone for a Saturday night acquisition?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    That Bunting was lovely, if the buyer decides to pass it on at some point can I call dibs please? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hump day bump day. The Bunting and the Fidelity are now sold - lots more cool guitars still available. Might add a couple more by the weekend too so star the thread if you like! ;)
    Up for Friday night! 
    Monday evening bump!
    Up we go!
    Saturday night!
    Monday evening bumpage. :)
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 61
    Nice guitars!
    Happy Sunday!!
    Ba-dump!
    edited May 12
    Quietly abandoned trying to sell these for the past month as I had to go away unexpectedly, but back now and back up!

Trades considered at the moment of this bump: offset guitars, particularly with humbuckers but may look at more JM-styles. Fano JM6s and PX6s are piquing my curiousity at the moment, for example. Hit me up though with whatever. 
    Peace be with you
    Up we go!
    Happy bank holiday!
    Friday mid-morning bump for some reason. Will probably be sending these to other sales channels soon, so far they are exclusively offered here... if you've been holding out, drop me a PM!
    Happy Sunday!
    Saturday bump. Postponing listing these elsewhere for a couple of weeks due to general business and unavailability to deal with anything during the upcoming half term...
    Last active bump for a while - hit me up before Friday morning if you want to do a deal. Otherwise there may be some waiting involved. :D Enjoy the rest of your week!