SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - Free The Tone - String Slinger and Kingtone Duellist

What's Hot
allenallen Frets: 710
edited March 29 in FX £
Free the Tone String Slinger

- Immaculate, never been out of the house
 - Built like a tank
 - Boxed

Trade-wise I'm open to anything interesting (even digital stuff), but some suggestions are Greer Lightspeed, Timmy, Jan Ray...

Free the Tone say it's a blackface style overdrive:

In our quest for ideal overdrive sounds, we usually recall the American Blues sound symbolized by the classic Black Face period and the British Rock sound as represented by the golden “Plexi” panel. 

The STRING SLINGER revives that ideal American Blues sound. Its viscous, clean-to-crunch tone with moderate compression feel can generate the best Blues sound.
The String Slinger and the Fire Mist have a LOT of headroom and volume available. With the drive at zero you can get a good cleanish boost, the pedals voicing tightening up the low end and bringing the mids forward. This works well to push the amp into overdrive. Backing down the level and then turning up the drive, there’s definitely plenty available but even with the drive at maximum there’s still good note definition when playing chords and/or rhythm stuff. Backing off the guitar volume, they both clean up really well which would be important for players who get most of the tonal variations by using the guitars volume control. Both pedals are really responsive to playing dynamics. Tonally the overdrive is kind of thick sounding. The pedals are very harmonic and touch sensitive.

I think it's dual lock on the bottom.
Included:
Original battery!
Instructions 

Postage included, Paypal F & F £195

Kingtone Duellist - I think it's the first version

Immaculate condition, boxed, no velcro on bottom. 

Postage included, Paypal F & F £235

I'm sure you know what this is, but just in case, it's a modded bluesbreaker on the left and a modded tubescreamer on the right. Actually in my opinion both sides are very capable of that SRV style thing and a lot more. Dipswitches to change the style.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments