What's the best AI software for making backing tracks.

Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1975
edited February 23 in Studio & Recording
What do people use for uploading a .wav or .flac etc file of their music collection that'll process the recording into its tracks or stems to allow the guitar or bass to be stripped out and use everything else as a backing track for home practice to see how close I can get to the original guitar parts. I'm not in a band and don't intend to use it for live performance (I'm sure it's copyright infringement anyway). Something like Fadr or Moises I suppose. I haven't used either. Do any of the DAWs have this functionality in them?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve used https://www.lalal.ai 

Not free though if you want to do a lot.

Great for getting the live drums from full tracks.. I usually play everything else so not done much with guitars or vocals with it.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5535
    Moises is very good from my limited use of it. I've only used the free version, the pairs version gives more stem options.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1975
    I’ve used https://www.lalal.ai 

Not free though if you want to do a lot.

Great for getting the live drums from full tracks.. I usually play everything else so not done much with guitars or vocals with it.

Interesting pricing policy. Charged by time and currently 50% off. Any other options anyone.

DiscoStu said:
    Moises is very good from my limited use of it. I've only used the free version, the pairs version gives more stem options.
    This seems to be quite popular having a sniff around on you tube. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    I use Moises paid version £38 a year. Works on PC and IOS so songs accessible wherever I need them to be. Mix on the fly and also allows you to download stems to use in a DAW
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 676
    What about a boss looper pedal?

Think the one I had did something like this. 
  • Moises def. looks interesting.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Just came across DMUCS GUI, via a youtube vid. Open source stem splitter, with very good results.
    Current release- 1.1 is spitting out 6 stems of the complete PIL ALBUM, as I type, to be built up into a project in Reaper.
    Happy days.