Micro / Nano pedal database

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
Can we get a micro / nano pedal database sticky?

I was looking at the Nano Board thread on TGP and thought it would be a good idea to have somewhere that lists all the micro pedals we like.

Ideally with little any experiences of forumites using them so the rest of us can get an idea - especially when they are clones of larger ones.

I've only used a few so far:

Xotic SL Drive
Xotic SP Compressor
Mooer Chorus
Mooer Phaser

Every 5 mins someone new seems to launch a micro range and until someone bites the bullet and tries one it's difficult to know what is good and what isn't!

So, anyone got any they like or hate? Any Hotones, Henrettas, Malekkos etc etc? Any good and easy self-build kits?

Anything you've got, as long as it's tiny!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    edited October 2014 tFB Trader
    I've had the Xotics and Mooers and they are very good. Especially the SP comp which is an all time favorite.

I also tried a Pickle Vibe and that was really great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HOF mini and Spark Boost mini are both amazing. Spark mini is super functional with it's 2 way switching option. (on/off as normal or 'performance' feature which allows you to step on to boost a short phrase and as soon as you step off its off again.) So many other pedals could use this. TC should release a true bypass looper with this function so you can have it for any pedal.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    HOF mini and Spark Boost mini are both amazing. Spark mini is super functional with it's 2 way switching option. (on/off as normal or 'performance' feature which allows you to step on to boost a short phrase and as soon as you step off its off again.) So many other pedals could use this. TC should release a true bypass looper with this function so you can have it for any pedal.
    EHX Chillswitch can do this I think.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    TC Polytune Mini is great
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    If this is for ones we've owned:

Mooer Ensemble King
    PiggyFX Schweinfleisch Fuzz
    Mooer Eleclady
    TC HOF
    Lovepickle Babyface Trem
    Mooer Shimverb
    Mooer Tremolo

DIY
    Madbean Bearhug
    Madbean Zero Point Micro
    Poodle Pedal parts Enlightenment Drive
    Poodle Pedal parts Candyman
    APIS Klon
    Tonepad Tremulus Lune
    Tonepad Orange Squeeze
    Poodle Pedal parts Orange Squeeze
    sho vero board
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    The Mooer Black Secret is a definite win IMO.
    Sounds just like me Rat.  And more.

The Mooer "acoustic" pedal -- whatever it's really called.  Is very serviceable in a band situation.  If you need something that sounds exactly like an acoustic, get an acoustic.  But this tiny pedal is very effective in the context of a live gig for suddenly sounding like you're strumming a Jumbo.

I'm calling time out on the Mooer Yellow compressor.  If I think it's good... why is it off my board?  I'm not sure it's good.  I f*ing hate compressors.  I think it's probably me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Grunfeld said:
    The Mooer Black Secret is a definite win IMO.
    Sounds just like me Rat.  And more.
    +1

I don't have a real rat here to compare it to, but it sounds really good. And possibly a bit more versatile with the clipping switchy.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7203
    I have a Mooer Cruncher and its a good little dirt pedal and has a lot of gain on tap. My only gripe is the small black dials are ridiculously small, so therefore hard to see where they are set.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited October 2014
    I have a Mooer Yellow Compressor and I think it's fantastic. Might be the best compressor I've ever used, for any money. Very nice and transparent if you want it to be, I have it set to add a little extra volume and thickness to cleans or a tiny, tiny extra bit of gain to overdriven sounds, and it doesn't nastily squash the sound like many other compressors do (well, unless you want it to).

My dad also has a Mooer Mod Factory which is really cool. I'd buy one just for the Slicer function alone.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
    The Black Secret is definitely on my try list.

I listened to a load of Hotone demos on youtube last night and they sound pretty good, but they might actually be too small - in that when placed next to another one it looks really difficult to only hit one pedal swtich and not two.

Might have to take the plunge on a compressor or something else that I'd always leave on, just to see.

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Can recommend
    Mooer Pure Boost / Flex Boost based on the Xotic RC and AC boosts - I've not had originals but very happy with these.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27698
    I've had good success with 

Poodle/Pedalparts Boner Boost (Super Hard-On clone)
    Poodle/Pedalparts Blaster (Alembic Stratoblaster clone)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
    I've never built a pedal.

Quite tempted to try a simple one though.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    My Mooer recommendations would be:

Black Secret
    Elec Lady Flanger
    Orange90 Phaser
    AnaEcho
    Trelicopter
    Green Mile
    Grey Phaze

Not too impressed by the Shimverb (not spacey enough for me) or the Chorus (but htere again, I only really like the Ibanez Bi-Mode Chorus sound). 
    Oh yeah,

the Mooer Orange 90 is good.
    I kept the Malekko Omicron Phaser on my board in preference because it's more chewy :)
    I also had the Reecho which is good but I kept it on the analog setting all the time and didn't bother with the others..
    all told I prefer the Madbeans Zero Point Micro as it's more tape-like and stuff.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 619

Xotic SP Comp & SL Drive - both on my board and love 'em.

Mooer Elec Lady is nice but not currently on my board.

HOF Mini.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited October 2014
    but they might actually be too small - in that when placed next to another one it looks really difficult to only hit one pedal swtich and not two.

This is my issue with them.  The width of my own feet (and lack of accuracy) remains the same, so there is still only so much advantage to going with these small footprint pedals.  For the most part the main reason I'd look at these mini pedals is that they cost less.  In terms of fitting them on a board they're not really any more practical vs a Boss size pedal for my tastes.  YMMV.

I've had a Black Secret and it was good.  Great tones for the money if you find a s/h one.
    edited October 2014
    If you get a small pedaltrain then you'll probably find the jacks dictate the spacing.

Even with pancake jacks the in and out sockets don't line up on different brands so you end up with two rows of footswitches.

In my case on a pedaltrain midi it's 3 rows of pedals :)

also it's a board to take places to jam, if I ever did a gig I'd take a car and a Fender twin instead of a cornell romany (if you get my drift).
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5200
    I have Mooer pedals which I think are ace;
    Trelicopter
    Orange phaser
    Eleclady
    Ensemble king