NGD; Epiphone Adam Jones '79 Les Paul Custom

What's Hot
GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 29
So this arrived the other day and I'm happy with it:-)
Nearly pulled the trigger on one of the Art backed versions last yeah, but glad I held off.
I like the recent epi headstock change (2021 epi lpc I have is a great guitar too), but having the Gibson shape headstock is a big deal to me, as imho a LPC doesn't quite look right without one.
The proper MOP headstock/inlays look excellent to.

Came set up pretty well and is comfortable to play. Supposed to have a "custom AJ neck profile " - feels similar to the 2021 epi lpc mentioned above but I think the fretboard feels very flat (good for legato and riffing I think) prefer the neck on my 2000 Gibson LPC, but this is good.

Sound wise, I've only had to play plugged in to my quad cortex a couple of times so far (have been playing casually on the sofa late at night mostly) - sounds solid, but need to try few a few different "amps" to really get to know the Gibbo custom bucker and 'Duncan Distortion pups; don't sound super high output to me ears, which is a good thing for me.
Case is cool and I think the strap buttons will be handy; won't be putting strapless on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/e7v30po
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    Looks great.  
    I'm with you on the headstock, I'm not really bothered about brand snobbery or logos but really prefer the outline to look right. 

Fender always did it right with Squier without destroying US Fender sales, I don't know why Gibson have always shied away from it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GibboDenGibboDen Frets: 29
    Agree re Fender
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Crap - just wrote a load of words but post only posted 3 words; will re-reply later;-)
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 79
    Really nice guitar. I just don’t get the pricing though. 

Are these new £1k+ Epis overpriced or are they about right and the Gibson are overpriced..?

Although I love gibsons, I think they are now a bit overpriced. These epiphones should prob cost a bit less (although AJ gets a little share and they are using proper MOP and decent pickups), but having said that, if you are going to keep a guitar for life, record/gig with it, what's a few hundred quid extra in the grand scheme of things?
    I know there are some players who just noodle in their bedrooms and amass a huge collection (that's not a criticism btw) and for those guys/gals the extra money might not be justifiable when you can pick up probably 2 (or 3) decent used epis for that price, or a nice Used Gibson for the same/less
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4079
    Looks great; congrats.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3329
    Happy NGD looks cracking
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    Looks great, I actually quite liked some of the artwork, but this is classier & timeless.

HNGD!