Talk me out of this headstock idea

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• imalone;394266" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

dindude;393570" said:They are water slide, so you dip them in Luke warm water for 20 seconds or so, then place it on the headstock and slide the backing paper away from underneath whilst keeping the very thin clear top layer containing the logo intact. Then leave to dry and then worth spraying a thin coat or two of clear coat to "lock it in".

They come with instructions, and trust me, if I can do it, you can.

Cool, I'll get a few :p

Be sure to trim around it though, because the transparent border will still be a little visible under the right (or wrong) light, so if it's a big rectangle it'll be noticeable. Where as nicely contoured it should look okay.
    Neat tip, that's totally what I'd have done otherwise! :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Am I right in thinking the water slide transfers look best if you put some gloss down first, then transfer, then more gloss. I believe this should make the backing paper less visible, although I don't have much direct experience.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    The R&F stuff is great, but very 'arsey' when applying, you've got to be VERY careful, as it's (pleasingly) sooooo thin.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ThePrettyDamned;394219" said:
    [quote="usedtobe;394196"]Leave it!
    Y u no lyk matching headstock? [/quote]

I dunno why, but I really don't like em..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobe;395248" said:
    [quote="ThePrettyDamned;394219"][quote="usedtobe;394196"]Leave it!
    Y u no lyk matching headstock? [/quote]

I dunno why, but I really don't like em..[/quote]

You're going to hate my build.
    I'll try not to be too obvious about it, though.. :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

ICBM;393436" said:
    ^ The really hilarious thing is that that's actually *less* amateurish than the Gibson attempt…
    Second that!

Oh Gibson. It's like they want to go out of business. Or maybe they just want to see what they can get away with, who knows?

I will refin the headstock first, and see how it looks matching the body (I'm guessing it'll look the nuts :) ) then I'll see how brave I'm feeling.

I have a signature that would suit the 3 per side headstock, and I could sign in a way that suits the 6 in line. Maybe.
    I'm sure it's not happening, but I wouldn't be amazed if it turned out that, the people running Gibson are doing A LOT of coke..