Washburn n24 opinions

llewllew Frets: 78
Wondering what people's opinions are of the washburn n24? I've always really liked the n4 even though I can't shred and have no desire to do so either, just always had a soft spot for them ever since they came out. All I know about them is they're built in the far east rather than America but i get conflicting opinions on the internet with some people saying they're great and others saying the quality is way off! Would really appreciate someone with experience to chime in. One has come up for sale locally and I'm intrigued. Thanks Llew.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• llew said:
    Wondering what people's opinions are of the washburn n24? I've always really liked the n4 even though I can't shred and have no desire to do so either, just always had a soft spot for them ever since they came out. All I know about them is they're built in the far east rather than America but i get conflicting opinions on the internet with some people saying they're great and others saying the quality is way off! Would really appreciate someone with experience to chime in. One has come up for sale locally and I'm intrigued. Thanks Llew.
    I have an N24 and an N5. The N24 is a great guitar for the money. A really comfortable guitar to play. Mine has a Bill Lawrence bridge pick up which makes it sound the way it should.

To summarize, I´d get another one if a used one showed up here for a reasonable amount of money.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27162

To summarize, I´d get another one if a used one showed up here for a reasonable amount of money.
    This, right here, is the problem. These are guitars that originally retailed for £350-400, and they were a pretty decent proposition at that money. Now, though, they seem to go for £800-£1000, which is insane; in my view, they're absolutely not worth that kind of money.

I'd put them at mid-Squier levels of quality, probably slightly below the Washburn Parallaxe range.

I've had an N24, NX3, N4 and a hardtail Parallaxe...and I only have the N4 and Parallaxe left. I wouldn't buy an N24 or NX3 again unless it was a) less than £300, and b) for modding.
    <space for hire>
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    edited February 27
    Thanks kentuckyklira and digitalscream that's very helpful. The one local to me is £799 so way overpriced by the sounds of it. Think I'll pass,thanks again.
    llew said:
    Thanks kentuckyklira and digitalscream that's very helpful. The one local to me is £799 so way overpriced by the sounds of it. Think I'll pass,thanks again.
    To be fair, I should've said "...which is insane, to me". If you really want one, then that's probably the only way you're going to get it.

For reference, mind, my N4 was £650 back in 2007.

If what you're really after is a guitar with that neck joint, you could always look for a Parallaxe; I got my hardtail for about £270. It had a horrible cheap glossy finish on it, but I reduced that back to a satin/matte finish, and now it's one of my favourite guitars.
    <space for hire>
    Yeah it was the whole n4 package I liked rather than one single aspect of it. I might throw him a low offer and see what happens. Cheers
    Would you say the quality is up there with mexican charvels or indonesian ibanez?
    llew said:
    Would you say the quality is up there with mexican charvels or indonesian ibanez?
    I honestly wouldn't know - I haven't played any of those in years.
    <space for hire>
    Ok cheers
  • llew said:
    Mine, definitely. A bit above even, to be honest, definitely above Indonesian Ibanez.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    Ok thanks both,much appreciated