More Sustain Than Nigel Tufnel's '59 Les Paul

What's Hot
NightswanNightswan Frets: 1492
A cool little Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder. Nice budget superstrat. I wanted to check this out as I have a rather expensive Ibanez J Custom coming in that had a Sustainer pickup in it but now reverted to original neck pickup so wanted to see how I bonded with the Sustainiac before I drop a good pile of cash dropping one into the J Custom. 

It's a pretty cool guitar....well made for the price. No obvious flaws that I can see. The Sustainer pickup is pretty cool though it does require a good degree of muting as everything else  will ring out life a mofo if you don't. Only downside is the Floyd Rose Special (GULP!!!). When you hear the word Special after Floyd Rose....be afraid!! They actually called this one the the Floyd Rose Special 'Hot Rod'....insert another Spinal Tap reference here...lol! Thing is if you're gonna own a guitar with a Sustainer pickup chances are you're gonna indulge in a bit of trem wankery and the Floyd Rose Specials don't hold up to any prolonged abuse whatsoever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments