SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: ECC83/12AX7

DarrenDarren Frets: 168
Looking for a cheap ECC83 if anyone has one laying around. My JMP has started to sound a bit off, more like a fuzz type tone, and the volume drops quite quickly.
It's not the power section as I have a loop in the amp and I ran my Kemper through it and all is fine.

Would just like to test the preamp with something cheaper before buying a decent replacement.

Cheers,
Darren
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• snowblindsnowblind Frets: 322
    Have a look around on Ebay. There's people selling job lots of old russian valves for relatively low prices.
    Not sure about the quality but if you are buying 10 at a time then it still works out cheap even if only a couple check out.

I recently took a punt on a quad of EL84s for the princely sum of £8. They are at my local amp tech for testing to see if they are any good. I figured it would be useful to have some spares around in case the Laney blows a tube.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 836
    I have these:
    12AX7 / ecc83
    - One New JJ 12AX7 ecc83 Karltone premium tested £15
    - One New EH Electroharmonix 132AX7EH ecc83 £19  
    - One New JJ ecc803s long plate £18 
    - One NOS Zaerix 12AX7 £20

plus postage
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 322
    snowblind said:

I recently took a punt on a quad of EL84s for the princely sum of £8. They are at my local amp tech for testing to see if they are any good. I figured it would be useful to have some spares around in case the Laney blows a tube.

And it turned out that whatever these things were they were not really suitable for use in an amp. Probably scavenged from a downed MIG-15 or some such so that was £8 not well spent.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.