Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol - 19/20 Oct 2024

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 92
    Reluctant though I am to acknowledge that we are in the last chance saloon, with only 4 weeks to go and still no songs with all roles covered, this seems to be where we are. Conscious that this is our event not mine, and in that spirit, wanted to suggest that we consider rescheduling if things haven't significantly improved by the end of this weekend..As a courtesy to the group, please do let us know if you are no longer able to make it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2230
    As I mentioned in a recent post, there's uncertainty about whether I can make it, untii I can get my teeth sorted.

The trouble is, I won't know for certain whether I can make it until a few days before the event.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3076
    edited June 15
    With only 4 weeks to go, I’d like have already been learning and practicing songs… yet I still don’t know what I’d be playing,  so lack of progress and activity is concerning, given how long a drive it is for me. … perhaps being in mid July causes a few clashes, being in holiday season etc … rescheduling seems wise 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1620
    With only 4 weeks to go, I’d like have already been learning and practicing songs… yet I still don’t know what I’d be playing,  so lack of progress and activity is concerning, given how long a drive it is for me. … perhaps being in mid July causes a few clashes, being in holiday season etc … rescheduling seems wise 

It's always fun to hang out at rehearsals, however as I mentioned to Ian recently, the songs I would be contributing to do really need vocals. And given the longer tail of unfilled roles, it looks to be quite a patchy session...

So I would agree with the above - if there was enthusiasm for two a year, perhaps Autumn and Spring are better times ?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    I’m happy to add some vocals, but can’t do that until Harley says which ones he wants to drum on. I’m away on holiday for two weeks - so only have two weeks to learn any new tracks, so might be running out of time for this.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Per the limited discussion over the weekend, and with no further progress having been made on songs/roles, confirming that the jam scheduled for 14 July is postponed. Hoping that everyone who is still interested in this event will chip in with suggested dates.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 562
    Hi All,   Sorry I've been a bit absent lately and haven't been able to commit.. Lots going on at home and at work.Currently in the middle of a move across country to Kent which should have happened a few weeks ago so would have been a struggle to make the 14th .

Looking ahead I definitely can't do the following weekends  - 7th,8th September , 5th,6th October , 12th,13th October.
    Hope we can get something together.
    Thanks @bobblehat. Let's see who is available on the other weekends in Sept/Oct?
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2230
    I'm currently OK for all Saturdays and Sundays in September and October.

It's not a competition.
    Thanks @stratman3142, same here
  • RR50RR50 Frets: 0
    Sorry to be late to this hear that folks - I've been away travelling for a few weeks. It's disappointing
  • RR50RR50 Frets: 0
    I've no idea what happended there! My message was truncated by the system. What I said was that it was disappointing but made sense given that only 3 songs are fully subscribed. I'm not available 7/8, 14/15 of Sep but otherwise available Sep/Oct.
    edited June 28
    @RR50 thank you. Based on responses received so far, 21/22 & 28/29 Sept and 19/20 & 26/27 Oct are currently options.
    Brocco said:
    @RR50 thank you. Based on responses received so far, 21/22 & 28/29 Sept and 19/20 & 26/27 Oct are currently options.
    I’m fine with those dates too.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    I can only do 19/20 Oct of those dates.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Suggest that we focus on 19/20 Oct as this weekend gives us a drummer and several vocalists, the two most difficult roles to fill. I've updated the announcement accordingly.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 562
    19th or 20th Oct currently works for me.
    edited July 4
    Thanks @bobblehat, it would be great if you could take a look at the songs that have been proposed and let us know which ones you would be happy to take vocals on (especially the tracks that you haven't done at prior jams). Same question for @RR50 
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 598
    I have come back late to this chat and missed the postponement. I do apologise for my lack of further input. Harley has been reluctant to commit, even when I got his older brother to give him a kick.

My main problem is that my hand is full of stiches. I split the webbing on my fretting hand today, right hand as I am a lefty, and am the proud owner of 4 stiches. Cricket is a dangerous game!

A proper cut. I could see the bone and tendons. Very interesting indeed. 

I am off to bed with a handful of tramadol.

Noted about the rescheduling.

See you soon.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    FastEddie said:
    I have come back late to this chat and missed the postponement. I do apologise for my lack of further input. Harley has been reluctant to commit, even when I got his older brother to give him a kick.

My main problem is that my hand is full of stiches. I split the webbing on my fretting hand today, right hand as I am a lefty, and am the proud owner of 4 stiches. Cricket is a dangerous game!

A proper cut. I could see the bone and tendons. Very interesting indeed. 

I am off to bed with a handful of tramadol.

Noted about the rescheduling.

See you soon.
    Crikey - sorry to hear that and hope it all heal's ok.

If not, you will need to change from FastEddie to SlowIommi...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom