SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gretsch G5210T - P90, in gorgeous purple sparkle - £400

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5906
A very lovely Electro Jet, unusual for Gretsch for being in purple and having P90s. Both of which suit it really well in my book. 

The pickups are on the deep, woody side of the P90 spectrum and especially on the neck, the guitar has a jazzy/bloooozy growl to it. Plays extremely nicely but the one thing that held back my enjoyment was the thick, gloopy finish on the neck and back of the guitar. So it was totally stripped, sanded and rubbed back, then oiled to a smooth satin wood finish. 

I will get some current pics up as soon as I can but for now, here’s a library shot of the whole guitar and few that I have to hand. Where it seems to be always hiding. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    That looks very nice indeed! Does it have the typical slim Gretsch neck profile?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1752
    That looks very nice indeed! Does it have the typical slim Gretsch neck profile?
    That’s the beauty of a gretsch guitar and the playability imo
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1752
    It looks fantastic mate 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5906
    I wouldn’t call it slim in the super fast profile sense but there’s definitely no great heft going on. It is quite Gretsch like in the way it’s a very middle ground, non offensive C shaped neck. 

I’d personally prefer it to have a more Gibson 59 type feel but for some reason they didn’t consult me on the design specs. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5906
    edited March 1
    I haven’t forgotten to take proper pics of this. Suff has been stuff like and gotten in the way of putting it back from this to stock

*serving suggestion*

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom