Any Handsome Jack fans out there?

HaychHaych Frets: 5652
Can't recall how but I came across this three piece from New York a few years ago now, pretty much loved everything they've ever done.

It's not often I'll buy a band's entire catalogue and HJ are the first band in ages I've felt the need to.

They definitely have a particular sound but it's easy to listen to and there isn't much fretboard wankery at all.  Their frontman, Jamison Passuite, plays a cheap (when it was made) Teisco SSL4 but puts it to good use - bet they're worth quite a lot now.

This is typical of what they do, just good old fashioned boogie-soul-blues.  Never met another soul who has even heard of them, let alone holds them in any kind of regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmafGlZIkAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAnDyrCnsVI

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    I'd seen the name but never heard them. Only had time to watch the first video which I enjoyed, not sure I would've enjoyed the song alone so much.

It seems pretty clear that they're good at what they do.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5652
    edited March 1
    Jfingers said:
    I'd seen the name but never heard them. Only had time to watch the first video which I enjoyed, not sure I would've enjoyed the song alone so much.

It seems pretty clear that they're good at what they do.
    I kind of know what you mean.  In that respect they remind me a lot of Vintage Trouble (but with more of a raw sound and a sense of humour).

I love VT and they're a brilliant act to see live but I struggle to listen to the music on its own.  SRV was much the same, I can only take so much before it all starts to sound the same and I get bored.

Handsome Jack are a bit more listenable - I find it refreshingly simple music compared to what I normally choose to listen to.

I will keep an eye on their touring schedule, I don't think they've been to the UK before but I might feel inclined to pop over to the European mainland next time they visit.

Edit:

Erm, wow!  Well, didn't know this ahead of time but they have a new album out today and are touring Europe in March!

Currently trying to work out if we can feasibly make it to Nantes week after next to watch them play in a sweaty bar.  Probably not, but figuring things out.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    Fingers crossed for you.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7882
    Damn. Thought this was a Borderlands thread.