NGD: Gibson 339 and shout out to Sound Affects

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
Took a gamble on a Gibson es339, I'd have preferred to try a few but couldn't get to a dealer with stock, I saw Sound affects had some for a good price and after a discussion with them chose one that had a suble flame in the top - they were very helpful and reassuring about buying one online. It arrived yesterday and used it for a function band gig last night. 
It plays great - the neck is a little larger than I would normally choose but I think it suits the guitar will reducing the temptation to noodle.   I can't find any issues at all, it feels really well made and the reduced size is a lot more comfortable than regular sized Gibson semi's.   Here is a picture with my old 345.

https://i.imgur.com/sBVoEKp.jpg
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 646
    Nice! 

But what's the Bogner?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Epsilon said:
    Nice! 

But what's the Bogner?
    It's a mojado,  I think they renamed them but it's a 1x12 20w,  I use the poweramp input from my quad cortex for on stage monitoring - sounds fantastic. 
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 246
    How does it sound in comparison to your 345?

I tried one years ago and as nice as it was, it played and sounded more like my Les Paul than a 335, so wasn't the sound I was after. My Les Paul is chambered though, so perhaps that's why!