SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: P90 Sized Humbuckers

What's Hot
SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
edited March 3 in Parts £
I think I'm leaning more towards a vintage PAF style set but I'll consider other types also. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14753
    Give Ash at Oil City Pickups a shout. He offers numerous flavours of the pickups you seek.

Last year, during one of OCP's occasional clearance sales, I snaffled up one of his prototype P90-sized humbuckers. It does exactly what the description promised. i.e. High clarity, high gain Rock sounds. (Too bad that I cannot really play that way.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    Montys HB sized P90s are excellent.  Oil City make a fabulous P90 too. Mojo too. 

It’s worth paying for good boutique pickups. You can buy generic ones from eBay, but they’ll disappoint when you hear what good P90’s sound like. 

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4684
    TheMarlin said:
    Montys HB sized P90s are excellent.  Oil City make a fabulous P90 too. Mojo too. 

It’s worth paying for good boutique pickups. You can buy generic ones from eBay, but they’ll disappoint when you hear what good P90’s sound like. 

The OP wants them the other way round.   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    TheMarlin said:

The OP wants them the other way round.   ;)
    Bah, P90’s is where is at!
    ;)
    note to self, read stuff before blabbing…..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    Give Ash at Oil City pickups a shout. He offers numerous flavours of the pickups you seek.

Last year, during one of OCP's occasional clearance sales, I snaffled up one of his prototype P90-sized humbuckers. It does exactly what the description promised. i.e. High clarity, high gain Rock sounds. (Too bad that I cannot really play that way.)

I might do that eventually, but hopefully something used will pop up as I'm a bit of a cheapskate  B)
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 124
    There’s a set of Creamery p90s on one of the usual sites with a p90-sized HB at the bridge - might be worth a look (no relation to me). I was tempted for my SG classic but thinking I’ll leave it stock for now.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14753
    MSedg said:
    There’s a set of Creamery p90s on one of the usual sites with a p90-sized HB at the bridge 
    Might be worth asking that seller whether he would split the pair. 

The downside would be not knowing how long it will take to obtain a second Creamery pickup for the neck position.

I'm leaning more towards a vintage PAF style set . 
    The obvious candidate would be the DiMarzio DLX Plus neck/bridge pair. The other DiMarzio soapbar-sized humbuckers are high output Rawk beasts.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    I have a Creamery p90 sized neck humbucker,  it's black, if you are interested let me know.