Bristol Guitar Show - Sunday 14th April - Ashton Gate (Bristol City Stadium)

What's Hot

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2288
    edited April 14
    Yep, had a cracking day, and as @Offset says, twice the size of last year's. In fact so big that I missed @IvisonGuitars on my first circuit!

In no particular order I met and chatted with:

Henry Herrera from El Toro music in Chippenham 
    Chris Buck
    Mark @guitars4you ;;;;
    Darren @Danielsguitars ;;;;
    Neil @IvisonGuitars ;;;;
    My mates Brian, Graham and Chris from Swindon who I didn't know were going!
    Dafydd from @ATB_Guitars ;;;;
    Den from Intersound Guitars in Dursley

Sorry if I missed anyone!

As well as a couple of low-ticket bargains, I had an unexpected NGD courtesy of Big Deal Music - separate thread to follow…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    Wish I’d have gone now, but just didn’t have the time. Next year perhaps…
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
    edited April 14
    Evening all, I had a good couple of hours mooching about, lovely to catch up with Mark at @guitars4you as ever, and very cool to meet and chat @prowla.

I was going to let you know that one of the stands in the second hall had a pile of stuff and bits and pieces you would enjoy - but I saw you sniffed them out early!

Big Deal Music had a pretty cool 88 Hamer TLE custom for sale - with an interesting interpretation of a description of it a bit toppy price wise but you don’t often see them generally for sale in the UK.

I really enjoyed it and great it was now into two halls!

Cheer all!
    Ben.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 364
    Great show as always, much bigger than last year. All the exhibitors I met were really friendly, Jez on the PRS stand, the Vintage Guitars guys, Guitars4you, Morsola Guitars, JAS Guitars. Only slight downside was lack of food choice but will take sarnies next year...
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Excellent show! I managed to come away with a few bits. My friend bought a lovely telecaster from @guitars4you ;
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    DrJazzTap said:
    Excellent show! I managed to come away with a few bits. My friend bought a lovely telecaster from @guitars4you ;
    It wasn't that Custom was it?  I loved that!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Hi guys, went today and had a great time, best show yet.
    anyone know the name of the guy or company who was running the stall immediately to the left as you came through the main door? He was selling a replica JTM45 and a fender pro reverb amongst other stuff. Looking to purchase something from him and completely forgot his details. He is based in Warrington.
    thanks in advance 
    That is Peter who runs the Northern Guitar Shows - PM and I can send you his e-mail - He is a tech based engineer and restorers them himself 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    It wasn't that Custom was it?  I loved that!
    No a Limited Run (FSR) Tele with CS pick-ups and a Roasted Maple neck 22 fret 9.5 radius and a blond finish 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4930
    edited April 14
    Evening all, I had a good couple of hours mooching about, lovely to catch up with Mark at @guitars4you as ever, and very cool to meet and chat @prowla.

I was going to let you know that one of the stands in the second hall had a pile of stuff and bits and pieces you would enjoy - but I saw you sniffed them out early!

Big Deal Music had a pretty cool 88 Hamer TLE custom for sale - with an interesting interpretation of a description of it a bit toppy price wise but you don’t often see them generally for sale in the UK.

I really enjoyed it and great it was now into two halls!

Cheer all!
    Ben.

Yep - nice chatting with you and Mark! 
    All I ended up with from the junk stand was a single Straplock, but it's to pair up with an odd one I already had.
    I went back and bought the Tele neck off @guitars4you later; it's now going on the blue Tele I showed you a pic of and the black label one I've got on that is going on the black Tele body (and the Squier neck I temporaily have on that is going on a Pete Longfellow aluminium body!).
    I've known Neil from Big Deal for a few years; we were chatting for a while and couldn't quite remember when I'd first wandered into his shop (now closed) in Wolverhampton; it was Jan 2016!
    I had a play on a very nice Flying V (well, 'cept for a couple of kids next to me who had the guitar they were trying out a bit loud); however, I've spent a bit much this month, so I didn't want to splash out the £900.
    On the way home I stopped off at Swindon, had a 5 Guys burger and bought some bedding at Bedeck.

• Hi guys, went today and had a great time, best show yet.
    anyone know the name of the guy or company who was running the stall immediately to the left as you came through the main door? He was selling a replica JTM45 and a fender pro reverb amongst other stuff. Looking to purchase something from him and completely forgot his details. He is based in Warrington.
    thanks in advance 
    That is Peter who runs the Northern Guitar Shows - PM and I can send you his e-mail - He is a tech based engineer and restorers them himself 
    That’s almost exactly how he described himself to me. Will pm now thankyou 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3135
    It was a great show much bigger than last year. The live sessions with Stringfellows and the Moulettes were brilliant.

Nobody from here said hello unlike last year so may be time for a flounce!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2288
    It was a great show much bigger than last year. The live sessions with Stringfellows and the Moulettes were brilliant.

Sorry, never even made it upstairs this time!
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3135
    Keefy said:

Sorry, never even made it upstairs this time!
    No problem, I managed to get half an hour to look round befor doors and 10 minutes at the end, upstairs was quite busy.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    The MusicDeli stand had some nice gear.  The Tom Anderson was tempting.. :/

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I was there as an exhibitor this year with my friend Pete whose shop closed recently, just getting rid of leftover stock. We were opposite Absolute Music, just in between Zona Guitars and the poor chap from BAM cases on the corner who didn't seem to have a great day :/

We did pretty well, although there was still plenty left at the end, we shifted a good bunch of stuff and made a fair amount, and I think Pete's got interest from a couple of independent shops for the majority of his leftover stock so hopefully we can shift it. Apologies if I didn't recognise anyone! 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    One stand had an unfinished (no h/w) custom-built Iceman finsihed in a rather fetching green.  I grabbed a business card for more info but like the twat I am, I managed to lose it between Bristol and home.

Did anyone else clock it???
    Offset said:
    One stand had an unfinished (no h/w) custom-built Iceman finsihed in a rather fetching green.  I grabbed a business card for more info but like the twat I am, I managed to lose it between Bristol and home.

Definitely remember seeing it on the end of the aisle - wasn't Hilditch was it? 
    Offset said:

That was a quite nice guitar: mahogany body with a maple veneer top.
    You can sometimes figure things out from the list of exhibitors.
    joetele said:
    I was there as an exhibitor this year with my friend Pete whose shop closed recently, just getting rid of leftover stock. We were opposite Absolute Music, just in between Zona Guitars and the poor chap from BAM cases on the corner who didn't seem to have a great day :/

We did pretty well, although there was still plenty left at the end, we shifted a good bunch of stuff and made a fair amount, and I think Pete's got interest from a couple of independent shops for the majority of his leftover stock so hopefully we can shift it. Apologies if I didn't recognise anyone! 
    Was that the one with the Shaftesbury wah/squall pedal?
    I had a bit of a chat there, as I've got one (I bought in the 70s); I used to use it when we played Jailbreak back in a band and he told me how he'd sold one to a The Sweet tribute band (it's what was used in Blockbuster).

edited April 15
    prowla said:
    joetele said:
    I was there as an exhibitor this year with my friend Pete whose shop closed recently, just getting rid of leftover stock. We were opposite Absolute Music, just in between Zona Guitars and the poor chap from BAM cases on the corner who didn't seem to have a great day

Was that the one with the Shaftesbury wah/squall pedal?
    I had a bit of a chat there, as I've got one (I bought in the 70s); I used to use it when we played Jailbreak back in a band and he told me how he'd sold one to a The Sweet tribute band (it's what was used in Blockbuster).

Is that the big yellow pedal?

EDIT: no, we didn't have one of those! 

Also did anyone spot an electro resonator guitar on the end of one of the stands at the back window of the main hall - about £199 I think, black body or very dark grey with a smaller than usual metal sound plate in the middle. Wasn't a familiar brand name but buggered if I can remember it! 

Also if anybody knows who was on the tables along that back window wall from middle to end, that might help!