PRS Fiore - High Used Prices?

What's Hot
bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
I’m in the market for a new guitar, and whilst I’d thought I’d narrowed it down to a Suhr Modern (regular or T variant) or a PRS CU24, I can’t stop checking out the Fiore. Lettieri is one of my favourite guitarists, and the guitar looks great…but the sounds you can get out of it is like a ‘Top 5 Tones’ for me, so I think I’d be happy to forego the additional 2 frets the other options offer. 

However - they really seem quite sparse on the used market, with the majority of those available being dealers - and only a few hundred less than RRP. 

I saw that one went a couple of days ago for £1700 on eBay (wasn’t in a position to offer sadly) but everything else is £2k and up now, it seems. With that being the case, I’d be more inclined to wait a bit and buy new. 

What would you guys say is an acceptable used price? (Assuming mint condition or close to it.)

Better yet, anyone selling one? :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    There's this one, maybe you could discuss the price?

https://www.fenderfever.com/guitars/prs-fiore-2021---present---sugar-moon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537

Great shout - I’ve caught that one and was probably my next move if there’s nothing doing on here. :)

Thanks!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14807
    tFB Trader
    bobacco said:

Great shout - I’ve caught that one and was probably my next move if there’s nothing doing on here. :)

Thanks!
    I don't feel that price is OTT - £600 ish less than new - Of course condition comes into play to finalise any price

They are sparse on the market for 2 reasons - Either owners like them and don't need to sell - And/or probably more likely, they have not been a great seller new - Of course the used market is linked to new sales - I like them and in fact prefer them to the S Sky as a 'Strat' flavoured guitar - It has far more of traditional PRS and Paul's idea about it, certainly more so than that of the S Sky 

Slightly bigger/chunkier neck profile than a CU24 - Look at weight as some are a touch heavier than you might expect on such a guitar/style - Silky slinky action
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3350
    There were quite a few around the £1600 mark a few months ago (I think they were in Coda) and Guitars4you also had one, but they were weighty and they can differ by up to a 1lb. Andertons also had a special deal on around the same time for under £2K.

Two things - If you're not in a hurry, bide your time and one might come up within you budget and as an owner of one, it's one of the best and most versatile guitars I've ever played and owned and it has become my No/1.

I hope you find one
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Kebabkid said:
    There were quite a few around the £1600 mark a few months ago (I think they were in Coda) and Guitars4you also had one, but they were weighty and they can differ by up to a 1lb. Andertons also had a special deal on around the same time for under £2K.

Two things - If you're not in a hurry, bide your time and one might come up within you budget and as an owner of one, it's one of the best and most versatile guitars I've ever played and owned and it has become my No/1.

I hope you find one
    Thanks - patience isn’t my forte, ha. But the variety of sounds available is basically everything I’d want, so it may well be worth watching and waiting for the right deal to come along. 

bobacco said:

Thanks!
    I don't feel that price is OTT - £600 ish less than new - Of course condition comes into play to finalise any price

They are sparse on the market for 2 reasons - Either owners like them and don't need to sell - And/or probably more likely, they have not been a great seller new - Of course the used market is linked to new sales - I like them and in fact prefer them to the S Sky as a 'Strat' flavoured guitar - It has far more of traditional PRS and Paul's idea about it, certainly more so than that of the S Sky 

Slightly bigger/chunkier neck profile than a CU24 - Look at weight as some are a touch heavier than you might expect on such a guitar/style - Silky slinky action
    Completely agree - not a bad price at all. I think the flurry of £1500-1600 ones may well be linked to the ~£2k new prices that were offered a while back. People paying the current retail understandably would want to recoup more. They do seem to be quite beloved by their owners, so that probably lends to their sparsity!

Thanks both - I was 99% set on another Suhr, and typically don’t favour signature models (for no rational reason) but yeah…this is gonna make me play like Mark Lettieri, so worth getting eh? ;)