Where to buy 3-screw humbucker pickup rings

What's Hot
hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
My old Yamaha semi should have 3 pickup adjustment screws instead of the standard 2. Any idea where I could buy suitable mounting rings (rather than drilling holes)? Doesn't need to be vintage or original - just the right number of holes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14835
    tFB Trader
    Without looking on google, not sure who does 3 hole - But Schaller use to do a 6 hole, so with 3 each side, it will take the 2 on one side (left and right of the middle) and the middle one on the other side - Negative is 3 holes left un-used - But worth a shout as last gasp option
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    I may have one or two, I’ll check later. The 2-screw spacing is critical though, obviously - can you measure it?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    ICBM said:
    I may have one or two, I’ll check later. The 2-screw spacing is critical though, obviously - can you measure it?
    I measure half an inch. 

The pickups themselves have 3 holes each side so do fit a standard pickup ring just fine. Just fancied getting it close to original spec if poss.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14794
    Schaller used to do a 6 hole, so with 3 each side, it will take the 2 on one side (left and right of the middle) and the middle one on the other side - Negative is 3 holes left un-used - But worth a shout as last gasp option
    Schaller and Yamaha (and, for that matter, Höhner and old Ibanez) are different spacings.

On bevelled mounting surrounds, the handing is fixed. (2 up, 1 down.) Presumably, that is a bridge/Treble position pickup.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    My old Yamaha semi should have 3 pickup adjustment screws instead of the standard 2. Any idea where I could buy suitable mounting rings (rather than drilling holes)? Doesn't need to be vintage or original - just the right number of holes.
    I have one only, with 1/2" hole spacing. (I have several Schallers with the three screw holes at each end, but the spacing of the outer holes is 8mm.) The 1/2" one is intended for a humbucker with very rounded corners. It's also - very unusually - completely solid, so filing out the hole to fit a squarer pickup won't be easy, although countersinking the height screw holes should be OK. It's been sanded to fit a carved-top guitar. Any use? Happy to send you it if so.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    @ICBM thanks for the offer but if you’ve just the one I’ll hold off until I can find a pair. I’m in no rush as it’s functional at the moment. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19435
    Isn't this just the kind of problem that 3D printing is the solution to?
    * I can't do it & I'm not volunteering anyone else to solve this, but it seems like a possibility.