Budget Classical Guitar

What's Hot
guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1860
I'm looking for a budget Classical to add to my collection and play a bit of fingerstyle too. Home use only and no more than say £200 maximum. I've seen a few online but with mixed reviews so looking for advice from others who have shopped at this end of the market.
Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3260
    For that budget, I’d consider a tiny stretch towards the used Yamaha in the classifieds here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Ibanez GA5TCE is about £230 online. Has an acceptable pickup if you ever need it. Construction is good with no glue dribble inside. After a month put a decent set of strings on and its a good sofa or even band gig instrument. See if you can find a used one for even better value.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1860
    ESBlonde said:
    Ibanez GA5TCE is about £230 online. Has an acceptable pickup if you ever need it. Construction is good with no glue dribble inside. After a month put a decent set of strings on and its a good sofa or even band gig instrument. See if you can find a used one for even better value.
    Slim neck and only 46mm nut width not ideal for me.
    A Yamaha C70 looks ok at £190 at Thomann. Anybody with experience of it?
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3260
    You'll get a bit more for your money with that Yamaha CG182S in the classifieds...decent looking case...and it's in Wigan!

Broken record...sorry ;)
    You'll get a bit more for your money with that Yamaha CG182S in the classifieds...decent looking case...and it's in Wigan!

Broken record...sorry ;)
    Its a bit above my budget. Also delivery or pick up adds more to the cost too.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Not for sale. My Korean Hokada has a solid top and solid rosewood sides. Bought in 1982 from Boosey & Hawkes. Probably paid about £80 in 1982.  I wonder what it’s worth these days. Any thoughts?  

I would have thought there are numerous of that age ?

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    Have a look for a used Admira Malaga, you should be able to pick one up for around a £100.00.
    edited March 14
    Have a look for a used Admira Malaga, you should be able to pick one up for around a £100.00.
    II will look for new first but thanks for the recommendation. Although it seems to have a thinner neck than an Almeria and I'm not looking for thin necks at all.
    II will look for new first but thanks for the recommendation. Although it seems to have a thinner neck than an Almeria and I'm not looking for thin necks at all.
    Are you referring to the nut width or the neck itself?
    Plumped for the Almeria now anyhow. Thin necks or nut widths don't work for me in either case.
    Plumped for the Almeria now anyhow. Thin necks or nut widths don't work for me in either case.
    The one I had was a 50mm nut width with a standard classical neck.