Epiphone LP Custom thoughts

What's Hot
FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 584
I'm putting together a pot to buy a white Epi LP Custom. I'm close but need to sell one more pedal first.

I won't have the budget for a Gibson LP. The White Steve Jones thing is my goal.

Is there anything I need to know?
I've looked at a few YouTube vids and they all come out well. Guitaristas does an interesting dive into guitars.

I will be stickering it up so not bothered about reselling.

Thanks.
If I had talent, I'd be talented.
Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
Red meat and functional mushrooms.
Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
FX Plex - Cornell Romany
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4075
    edited March 9
    The “Inspired by Gibson” Customs are good, ebony board, better headstock shape, and the Probuckers are decent pickups. 

This was mine…

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1343
    Hi i owned one and was going to do the same but sold it and got a black one.
    Plus points , ebony fretboard , great build quality , pick ups are good ...felt better to play than a orville lp custom and a Jap Tokai lp custom i owned in the past,( if i'm honest i like it more than a USA Gibson LP custom i owned years ago.)
    So why did i sell ?
    The body colour white is brilliant white and think it will take a few decades to age to cream which is the Steve jones look.
    The binding is a off greenish colour , it looked odd and clashed with the white (if that makes sense )
    Sold it and bought the black one ,the binding looks o.k against the black and with the ebony board it feels as good as a few Jap l.ps i've owned.
    So if you can age the white body you could get away with it .
    Depends how 'exact' a copy you want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4310
    I had a 2015/2016 black one , absolute sheer class , great quality  I think it only cost me about £500 from GAK then  ebony board , tusQ or similar nut ,Grover’s all high quality fittings , the pro buckers were ace, when I did some songs at open mic people liked them better than my SD slash signatures. Beautiful guitars I’m imagining they’re just as good now, don’t know if you still get Ebony board but you get a better headstock 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    Ebony board still there with the new spec. I like them. The only thing that needs looking at with these is fretwork. I had three of the recent Epis and they all had not the cleanest frets, rough uneven surface, sharp edges etc. Might've been my bad luck but heard more people mention it too. Other than that great guitars particularly second hand ones couple hundred quid cheaper than new. And probuckers are great. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12468
    Same here, got a 2016 white les paul custom I bought to do the JDB thing.

Probuckers are great, well built, frets could use a levelling.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 584
    Thanks. Some great insight and tips.

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom