John Squire & Liam on Rossy….

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6506
    I feel like the only person sitting here thinking the emperor has no clothes. Utterly bland for me - just not on the same plane of existence as most of both of their previous output. 

I'm fully onboard with a 90's indie band revival after a decade+ of 80s stuff, but the key to that is great songs and this ain't it babe. 

And @RocknRollDave even Seahorses had that one song with a great riff (the name of which, admittedly, completely escapes me) 
    Love Is The Law. Great riff, awful song.

I love the way the riff modulates to a different key and it works by being in exactly the same position, same frets etc, just a string down, on the bass side, and a string up on the treble side….if I have explained that at all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Lebarque said:
    Kemper for the record and live. 
    Well that's depressing
    Why? The quicker people realise how great digital sounds, the quicker guitarist can stop wondering what that smell is onstage when valve amps craps out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27139
    I feel like the only person sitting here thinking the emperor has no clothes. Utterly bland for me - just not on the same plane of existence as most of both of their previous output. 

I'm fully onboard with a 90's indie band revival after a decade+ of 80s stuff, but the key to that is great songs and this ain't it babe. 

And @RocknRollDave even Seahorses had that one song with a great riff (the name of which, admittedly, completely escapes me) 
    Love Is The Law. Great riff, awful song.

I love the way the riff modulates to a different key and it works by being in exactly the same position, same frets etc, just a string down, on the bass side, and a string up on the treble side….if I have explained that at all.
    That's the badger. And having googled it I can confirm the riff is still great, and the rest of the song still exists. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    A pointless interview so turned over .
    I do have the vinyl album arriving today.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6898
    Lebarque said:
    Well that's depressing
    Why? The quicker people realise how great digital sounds, the quicker guitarist can stop wondering what that smell is onstage when valve amps craps out
    No - you dont understand. When Im at a gig, I cant enjoy myself and dance to the great music if the guitar sound is "digital" !!! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    the_jaffa said:
    Pretty sure there was an AC30 and a Marshall of some sort for the recording but that they were modelled on a Kemper for the live stuff. 
    You used a Fender Twin with JBL speakers for the first Roses album. Did you have a traditional amp for the Gallagher/Squire sessions? “Yeah. For the demos, we used plug-ins. For the sessions at Greg Kurstin’s studio in LA, we used physical amps. Greg had everything I had, so there was no need to ship anything out. I used his AC30 and modified Marshall JMP 50-watt Master Volume. In fact, we cloned them before we left. There were
    a few pedals knocking about – I forget what they were now [Squire anticipates his live rig will include the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man, Xotic RC Booster, Neo Instruments Ventilator II and a Vintage Pedal Workshop FET preamp made by Steve Giles].”
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    the_jaffa said:
    Pretty sure there was an AC30 and a Marshall of some sort for the recording but that they were modelled on a Kemper for the live stuff. 
    You used a Fender Twin with JBL speakers for the first Roses album. Did you have a traditional amp for the Gallagher/Squire sessions? “Yeah. For the demos, we used plug-ins. For the sessions at Greg Kurstin’s studio in LA, we used physical amps. Greg had everything I had, so there was no need to ship anything out. I used his AC30 and modified Marshall JMP 50-watt Master Volume. In fact, we cloned them before we left. There were
    a few pedals knocking about – I forget what they were now [Squire anticipates his live rig will include the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man, Xotic RC Booster, Neo Instruments Ventilator II and a Vintage Pedal Workshop FET preamp made by Steve Giles].”
    *Breathes a sigh of relief*
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4724
    the_jaffa said:
    You used a Fender Twin with JBL speakers for the first Roses album. Did you have a traditional amp for the Gallagher/Squire sessions? 
    Interesting fact - I used to rehearse in a room at Sankey Soap in Manchester in the 90's and the Fender Twin I used had 'Roses' stencilled on the side.   
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 682
    It has inspired me to look out my second coming lp.
    Squiere's playing on that is phenomenal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7074
    tone1 said:
    Did anyone see John Squire & Liam on Rossy last night…..JS was effortlessly brilliant & looked so relaxed on stage….So before you all say “it’s in his fingers” what pedals will get me in this sound ballpark (what’s he using?) 

That Strat neck looked ultra flamey too.  3

https://youtu.be/FoTJ4ngnQ88?si=D5qhrlwimj7q3_gx
    They appear to have Mark Heap’s character from Friday Night Dinner on drums.

image.png 885.8K
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Lol….I definitely had his jumper….many moons ago =)
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    the_jaffa said:
    Right so Kemper for live including The Live performance on Jonathan Ross then.  
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1800
    the_jaffa said:
    Right so Kemper for live including The Live performance on Jonathan Ross then.  
    Ah, I think there might have been some typing on the internet misunderstanding here then. I thought your first comment was saying that they used the Kempers for recording of the record (album) as well as for live. I think I might have misinterpreted you.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Wow - this is a bad thread to come into and say I love the Seahorses album - I've got it on vinyl.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6898
    Wow - this is a bad thread to come into and say I love the Seahorses album - I've got it on vinyl.
    I dont believe it, as the Seahorses dont have a kooky looking female singer ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom