New small guitar show! The Alternative Guitar Show – Sat 23rd March @ The Fighting Cocks Kingston

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 26.226.2 Frets: 538
    Just down the road for me, so I’ll probably go
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5007
    I dropped in; a nice small show, interesting chats with folks. 
    I then popped across the river to Charlie Chandlers and came out with a cool Tele knobs, a T-bird pickup and a promise to contribute to Charlie’s London marathon sponsorship. 
    I also went into a hi-fi shop a few doors down and may be getting a bit of Naim kit. 
  • AlunAlun Frets: 126
    my stuff:

Alun said:
    Dang, would have loved this but my kid has a birthday party that day. Very cool idea though, would love to see more of them. Do they have a dedicated website or social account to follow or is it a proper one off?

it should be the first of a series if events at diff venues - see https://www.instagram.com/alternativeguitarshow/

Appreciate the link, thanks! Now following. 
    It was cool to meet @timhulio and @ThorpyFX at the show. Tim and Thorpy - I was there early on and we talked about Nels Kline, klones and fuzzfaces(Tim) and Thorpy kindly explained the wondrous Scarlet Tunic. 

Both of your pedal ranges look fantastic and you’re firmly on my ‘to buy list’. I felt bad that I didn’t buy something yesterday, but I’m just in the middle of a bit of a gear clear out and I need to assess what I need once that’s done. I can definitely see a Golden Eagle or Duo Face and Peacekeeper or Dane on my board at some point. 

Overall I think the show needs to expand a bit and get a few more makers in, but it’s a cool idea. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    My good friend Krystian was there with Lost Soul Leather, makes ace hand made guitar straps, stick bags etc. he's also a ninja guitar tech too! Sounds like it was a good day from I've heard!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like a neat small idea at a low cost for all involved - Not sure who promotes/organisers the show - But how about the idea that they offer a number of guitar stands to 'rent' for the event - So that you can take 1/2/3 guitars for sale - Display them - You stay there for the duration of the item on display - So instead of a 'for sale card' in the newsagent window it is a 'for sale table display' - Of course it will be limited on space - And can include pedals/accessories

Just a thought 
    Sounds like a neat small idea at a low cost for all involved - Not sure who promotes/organisers the show - But how about the idea that they offer a number of guitar stands to 'rent' for the event - So that you can take 1/2/3 guitars for sale - Display them - You stay there for the duration of the item on display - So instead of a 'for sale card' in the newsagent window it is a 'for sale table display' - Of course it will be limited on space - And can include pedals/accessories

Just a thought 
    That’s exactly what I was hoping to see. 
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    Nice to meet you at the show 26.2 - didn't catch your name, but I do remember your username is to do with marathon running :-)

I think the idea with this show to differentiate it from the regular table-top at a race course shows is that this is specifically for small volume (boutique if you like) builders of pedals and guitars. Not somewhere for people to sell the usual stuff. I hope more of these happen, and heard mention of possible events in Nottingham and Manchester.

The North London Vintage Guitar Fair thing that was supposed to happen in Stoke Newington sounded more like the sort of thing you mean. People selling old guitars. I would also suggest that the cost of exhibiting at some of the usual guitar shows is so low that if one or two people have a few guitars to sell it'd probably be cost effective to grab a table at the £50-70 these things cost. The thing with the bring-a-guitar idea is that someone would have to stay with the guitars for a day, which if they weren't doing it for funsies would cost far more than the exhibitor fee.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom