Online Guitar inventory woes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    No it’s still an Invitatuon to Treat, there then needs to be an offer (from you) and an Acceptance  by them to form a legally binding contract 

doesn5 seem like it, but the law is bloomin clear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Yorkie said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    I think you can filter the stuff to only the in-stock stuff. Unless I imagined that! But it's still a pain, I agree.
    You can, but by the time you've ticked the box you’ve already seen the wonderful prices of the past and got all worked up because that obscure thing you want to buy is on the list… out of stock. 

I hope someone from Rich Tone is reading, I do love their shop in spite of these issues. 
    Ah I see, yeah that'd be very annoying!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Penn said:
    And they have just refunded it. 

What’s the consumer law on taking a payment and then cancelling? Item was on sale and price was good. I wanted the item. Can you refuse the refund and ask them to supply? 
    I don't think so, but I could well be wrong. Shops selling stuff are an "offer to treat" or some guff like that, and there's also the "E&OE" get-out clause as well...

Well, I mean you could always ask nicely and see what they say. I don't think you can demand, is what I mean.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2303
    Not necessarily aimed at OP, more a general observation. 

It seems most grievances online about companies supplying products are usually due to no patience on the behalf of the buyer. 

No one can wait for anything nowadays. 

Bemoaning having to wait 3-5 days for the refund in the example above. It’s really not as big a deal as a lot of internet users make it out to be. 

Like, just chill. It’ll be with you soon. You’re not getting scammed or owt. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 658
    Penn said:
    And they have just refunded it. 

What’s the consumer law on taking a payment and then cancelling? Item was on sale and price was good. I wanted the item. Can you refuse the refund and ask them to supply? 
    No that’s not really an option.
    Any solicitor will tell you the same.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    Nerine said:
    Not necessarily aimed at OP, more a general observation. 

It seems most grievances online about companies supplying products are usually due to no patience on the behalf of the buyer. 

No one can wait for anything nowadays. 

Bemoaning having to wait 3-5 days for the refund in the example above. It’s really not as big a deal as a lot of internet users make it out to be. 

Like, just chill. It’ll be with you soon. You’re not getting scammed or owt. 
    IMO, it is a big deal. Just because it's not going to change - and you're fine with it - doesn't make it right.

I paid on the basis of being informed by their systems something was in stock. This is what caused me to pay. The fact I now have to wait to get the money back is a bit of a piss-take - ideally, it would be refunded at the cancellation of the contract.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was a couple of quid, but it's a considerable amount of money I'm waiting to get back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Imagine if everyone on here put an item up for sale, got paid and then said they already sold the item or never had it.

And then did it again and again. 

But don't worry, they'll give you a refund in 3-5 days. 

Chill. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1562
    OP is not waiting for a refund after a return. 
    OP is waiting for a big chunk of money held by a company that did not fulfil their end of the bargain. 
    Being such a large chunk of money, OP is potentially missing out on deals that might pop between order cancellation and actual refund. 

I think OP has every right to be pissed off.
    Even I am pissed off despite having like -5 empathy.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    They should be as quick to return the money as they are when taking it.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1252
    Refunds generally take 3-5days after the retailer processes it, as the refund grinds it's way back through the credit/debit card system.

Although the initial payment is taken immediately, the retailer usually doesn't get access to that money instantly, as they still have to wait for it to go through the system and be fully cleared. The same happens with refunds, in that it won't appear back in your account until it's fully cleared.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Refunds in such cases should contain a compulsory taxable 7% benefit to the buyer - that would stop them!  ;) 
    Actually I had a Friday discussion with a lawyer, and it is not as simple as in a turn up to a shop,

the actual “taking” of your money from you (even if they intend to return it to you in due course) takes it a little bit further than an invitation to treat, and because you have made an offer , and they have accepted your offer by taking your money.
    So I’m this case a contract does in fact apply ! (Who would have guessed) and therefore what matters are what’s in the T&Cs of the contract that you/we all end when we pressed BUY.  
    If that is not unreasonable, then the  remedies for not carrying through with the contract (sending you your guitar) are whatever it says in there.
    in which case none of us know because I doubt any of us have read them :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 669
    Funny thing is they provided an order confirmation with a delivery date of Tuesday. Then they contacted me offered to supply it but said it wasn’t in stock. They then decided the price they had offered was too low. I think they’d made a mistake and I was chancing my arm a bit. 

Either way it’s a pretty piss poor way to behave taking money for goods you cannot provide. I don’t think I will buy anything from PMT again as I don’t like dealing with a company that behaves like that. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    Did you buy one of the used ones?
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    Typical from pmt. I avoid using them at all costs.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    gusman2x said:
    Did you buy one of the used ones?
    Oh yes......!! Post coming soon...!