Amp power jewel light not working … advice please

What's Hot
pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
Hi all … the power light on my Lazy J 20 appears to have blown as far as I can tell ….. Amp seems to be working fine …. I’ve got a gig tomorrow night so just wanted to be sure it’s just a question of bulb replacement and that nothing’s lurking in the background …. Thanks in advance for any knowledge .. cheers Pete 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3201
    tFB Trader
    The bulb is in parallel with the heaters so unless the valves aren’t warming up I’d say you’ll be ok.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Replace it with a 12V car rear/number plate bulb, like these -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385850118499

Although they're the wrong voltage (12V not 6.3V) they will be almost as bright, and probably never blow again since they're running far under their rating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
    Thanks guys…. I’ve left the amp on for the last hour and seems to be behaving … got a motor spares place up the road from me so will try and get a replacement as advised … thanks again