Midi Knob Control of Software Amps

Despite many attempts I really cant get on with the whole using a mouse to turn a knob on a screen aspect of amp plug-ins, it just drives me mad. So, while idly browsing  various guitar websites I found a midi control with knobs (and buttons/keys) and thought maybe I could map the knobs to the plugin. Amplitube it would seem no, Positive Grid I'm not sure as I think It can from a bit of reading but can't be 100% ( IK say the Midi is for program changes and expression control only so Wah effects etc).
 I'll do some more reading but has anyone done this already? And if so what software? What controller?
ta

this was the controller I found
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 712
    I think it is feasible.

This is a more advanced product that is supposed to do what you need.

https://faderfox.de/ec4.html

Much pricier than the thing you linked, but at least there are a fair few youtube demos of that product.

and here's another similar one.

http://www.faderfox.de/uc4.html

• spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    ooo now thats interesting. As you say not cheap, I might give the behringer one a try though for the little outlay, at worst it can work with my DAW if it doesnt work as an amp controller.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22206
    Buy it. The X-Touch Mini works really well with all manner of plugins. 

• Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 279
    I've had a Faderfox controller.  They live up to the stereotype that stuff built by ze Chermans is very well made.  They will last longer than you will.

They are smaller than you might expect, so check the measurements and decide whether you can work on that scale for the tasks you have in mind. For live stuff I like to have lots of space between controls, but other folks rank portability more highly.

• spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    I'm torn at the moment as I'll only use it at home to control software amps and DAW bits and pieces so the Behringer will probably suffice (and its cheap). If I were to be taking it out then a more robust solution would be on the cards