Happy Paddy’s Day

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited March 19
    Devil#20 said:
    robgilmo said:
    Your personal experience, of an entire nation? And what has religion got to do with it exactly?
    Ian in fairness fella, the rest of us have put it all away and moved on, maybe its time you did the same?
    I had; or at least I thought I had, before I had a personal insult aimed at me. There was no need. 
    It never ceases to amaze me how surprised people get when they get called out for saying mad, offensive nonsense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27082
    edited March 19
    Devil#20 said:

You've called me a prick and a clown and they are personal insults which are against forum rules. Where in my posts did I say I don't like the Irish? I've never been over to Ireland but my views are based on my experience growing up in Manchester. I've witnessed the antagonism and nastiness (sometimes first hand) even before the bombing of Manchester City centre. If you were English there were and probably still are no go areas of Manchester with large Irish communities into which you wouldn't venture. Collections for the IRA were commonplace in lots of pubs. I'll admit it's not all Irish obviously but, in my personal experience, it's the significant majority
    How on earth can you say it's the significant majority, when your only experience is of a few Irish folk living in Manchester?

That's utterly daft.

I work for a company based in Belfast with a significant number of people living on both sides of the border. Not once have I heard any genuine anti-English sentiment, they're all lovely people.

Well, apart from that one day every year when the Six Nations match rolls around. Must admit, I was a bit smug this year, can't blame them for firing a few barbs my way D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1645
    edited March 19

Well, apart from that one day every year when the Six Nations match rolls around. Must admit, I was a bit smug this year, can't blame them for firing a few barbs my way D
    That's alright - it's a foreign game anyway*..

(*in-joke here)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1419
    @Devil#20 You've never been to Ireland, but apparently most Irish in Manchester are all IRA supporters? Would that include the parents of The Smiths or Oasis members too? Sorry, but you haven't a clue. No go areas in Manchester? I mean what the f*ck like. You can report me to the mods all you like. I could add a few more insults, but I won't bother.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7273
    Devil#20 said:
    Devil#20 said:
    blobb said:
    He was Welsh ...
    It's not relevant. He's the patron saint of Ireland because he brought Christianity to the Irish, who seemed to bloody love it. 
    They love anybody who hates the English.
    Stop being a prick @Devil#20 ;;; . What if I said "The English" raped loads of kids in the 70s. No! That was Jimmy Saville actually, not "The English". You're avatar photo is an Irish man as well you clown.
    You've called me a prick and a clown and they are personal insults which are against forum rules. Where in my posts did I say I don't like the Irish?  
    I think it was round about this sweeping generalisation:
    Devil#20 said:
    The Irish blew up Manchester in '96. The Irish have never liked us. 
    And here:
    Devil#20 said:
    They love anybody who hates the English.
    Now maybe I'm just really good at reading between the lines, but that does seem to indicate a certain distaste for Ireland and all things Irish.

In any case - just because I'm feeling picky - I'm going to indulge in a bit of correction:

Devil#20 said: 
    The Irish IRA blew up Manchester  bombed the Arndale Centre in '96, . The Irish IRA have never liked us, but they don't like many people on the island of Ireland either and killed and bombed hundreds of their own countrymen during the Troubles. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom