SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guild NS A150 archtop - good price but has been refurbished (by me)

Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 132
edited March 17 in Guitars £
Howdy everyone!

I'm selling my Guild Newark Street A-150 archtop (Korean made) - it has a pressed spruce top, laminate maple back and sides and rosewood fretboard and bridge. I upgraded the pickup to the rhythm chief 1100, the pot to a CTS mini pot and also changed the tuning machines as I didn't like the shape of the stock tuning pegs (see photos). I also added a tone thumbwheel.

This guitar came to me with a crack in the top, from the top of the right f hole down to just below the pick guard (see photo). This was a common problem with the early models as they have the volume control on top of the pickguard (which I think looks nice and is more practical) and it can press into the top and crack it. The new versions have thumbwheels under the pickguard. I repaired the crack myself by wicking superglue into the crack and then sanding it down. It is now perfectly solid and the crack is not visible when the pickguard is in place. I am no Luthier though, so it's not the pretiest job. This does not affect the sound or playability of the guitar at all.

Will be sad to see this go, but I have too many archtops and only one pair of hands to play them!

Looking for 550 and would prefer pickup from Bristol if you can.

Full set of images here: https://imgur.com/a/LyYBGSF

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments