Lyon- just go there!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 330
    rlw said:
    And don't drive there unless you have to.

True, but it's about the same, traffic wise, as any large European city.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kurtis said:
    Does @guyinlyon  have an opinion   
    Probably has a string of them. 

Sorry for the delay. The wife and I have been on a little break on the Cote D'Azur this week.

Sunshine and seafood.
    bobblehat said:
    I was there a couple of times last year. First on a works trip and then back to watch Wales thump Australia in the World cup.Its a great city . Great place if your looking for an alternative to Paris for a weekend away. 

If anyone plans to take Eurostar/TGV to/from Lyon I highly recommend that you change trains in Lille instead of Paris.
    In Paris you have to get from one station (Gare du Nord) to another (Gare de Lyon) on an RER train and it's a pain. In Lille you walk about 100 yards inside from one track to another.
    If you're the type that prefers to fly, Lyon is an Easyjet hub with direct flights from Heathrow and Luton.
  • guyinlyon said:
    bobblehat said:
    I was there a couple of times last year. First on a works trip and then back to watch Wales thump Australia in the World cup.Its a great city . Great place if your looking for an alternative to Paris for a weekend away. 

If anyone plans to take Eurostar/TGV to/from Lyon I highly recommend that you change trains in Lille instead of Paris.
    In Paris you have to get from one station (Gare du Nord) to another (Gare de Lyon) on an RER train and it's a pain. In Lille you walk about 100 yards inside from one track to another.
    If you're the type that prefers to fly, Lyon is an Easyjet hub with direct flights from Heathrow and Luton.
    Yeah it's also much easier to get down to Lyon on the TGV from CdG airport than it is from getting the Eurostar over. That's what I've  always done in the past.