Fat Bottom Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    RobG3294 said:
    elstoof said:
    What happens if the raffle doesn’t generate enough cash to pay for the guitar?
    Wisdom. And this is exactly what I meant by "this is eventually going to hit the fan" but Carlos doesn't care so we can all stop being daft about it.

So long as it's not in my backyard, ey lads and lasses.
    ^^ ...but the risk was Carlos's, no-one else's.  And if anyone else wants to run the same risk, that's surely down to them.

You pays your money, you takes your choice - although it isn't something I'd sign up to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1436
    I got a quote of them last few days without seeing this. I thought the whole described process/options was pretty good to be fair. Including what happens if the raffle doesnt raise enough funds (makes no difference). I like the different options and their quote to just buy it was pretty good and nigh on what you may expect private sale.
    Good to hear some have tried and tested it. What i am worried about is whether , after sending the guitar, they do a we buy any car and knock loads off unexpectedly of the initial offer post inspection. But doesnt sound like peeps have had that issue.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3530
    swiller said:
    I got a quote of them last few days without seeing this. I thought the whole described process/options was pretty good to be fair. Including what happens if the raffle doesnt raise enough funds (makes no difference). I like the different options and their quote to just buy it was pretty good and nigh on what you may expect private sale.
    Good to hear some have tried and tested it. What i am worried about is whether , after sending the guitar, they do a we buy any car and knock loads off unexpectedly of the initial offer post inspection. But doesnt sound like peeps have had that issue.
    Not at all and my guitar had a few scratches here and there plus the changed pickups which wasn't the cleanest job in the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RobG3294 said:
    elstoof said:
    Wisdom. And this is exactly what I meant by "this is eventually going to hit the fan" but Carlos doesn't care so we can all stop being daft about it.

"I don't work for HMRC or anything like that so not for me to worry about."

So long as it's not in my backyard, ey lads and lasses. 
    If you want to call me something, then say it and stop with this passive/aggressive bollocks. 
    elstoof said:
    The deal we sign (through DocuSign) states that we get paid regardless of if the guitar generates enough ticket sales or not but @RobG3294 wanted to jump to conclusions and be in the right even though he knows nothing about what he's talking about. 
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2577
    edited March 22
    Then why do you have to wait until after the raffle to be paid the money you’re owed? Seems like all it’ll take is a few raffles failing to generate the right income for him to suddenly have to find a few grand to pay for his sold inventory
    edited March 22
    elstoof said:
    Then why do you have to wait until after the raffle to be paid the money you’re owed? Seems like all it’ll take is a few raffles failing to generate the right income for him to suddenly have to find a few grand to pay for his sold inventory
    Well at least its upfront with other options, including to buy outright. I think they sort of hand it over to other company to do all that raffle stuff and its wise business for cashflow purposes. The correspondence was pretty clear on that. My quote was for a LPC CS 2004 (pics on here). 2700 outright, 3100 expected on the other options, with the raffle meaning best £ for the seller as i think that was what i would actually get. They would need to sell 310 tickets at £10 which seems doable.
    If i do decide to go ahead, i may buy a few tickets myself
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 477
    carlos said:
    elstoof said:
    The deal we sign (through DocuSign) states that we get paid regardless of if the guitar generates enough ticket sales or not but @RobG3294 wanted to jump to conclusions and be in the right even though he knows nothing about what he's talking about. 
    We're talking about two different things here - you're focussed on your own transaction - it's a free country so hence I am allowed to question the business ethics in line with what you pointed out, without you having to dismiss my point because "You don't care because you got paid"

So you sold the Guitar to Fat bottom Guitars via docusign. They then passed the Guitar on to another business or theirs (presumably hence the mention of ticket sales) and then use the Guitar to generate revenue for them before they pay you. That's weird business practice. 

You get paid regardless of ticket sales apparently, so why then do they not just pay you upfront? If they make a loss on your Guitar's competition, then presumably they would offset it by profits on someone else's competition.

But what if that competition doesn't generate the sales either?

You can pretend to portray the fact that I'm thick or what not to the whole forum for all I care. I'm not, hence why I ask probing questions, because I'm not apathetic to the situation like you, which is absolutely your right to be, as you have got paid, happy days. Good for you mate. What's important is asking if this method is sustainable, especially as the OP mentioned he was paid after the agreed date.

That last sentence again would most likely have consituted part of his docusign agreement, which given the fact he wasn't paid, is a breach of said agreement.

No one should have problems with dealers etc buying instruments for whatever price they want from happy buyers, mutually beneficial.

Dealers (i.e. Fat bottom Guitars) buying Guitars then passing an asset they have not paid for (and hence do not own) through their raffle scheme (a separate Ltd company) before they pay for said Guitar means very weird business practice and not one that is particularly palatable in my opinion, your apathy to the situation means YMMV.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2577
    Perhaps there’s a market for an eBay style raffle website where the actual owner lists and gets the bulk of the winnings, paying a percentage to the web host. Cut out the middleman entirely 
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    im wary of these weird auction deals. I believe they may be set up and run with the best intentions but the problems will occur when ticket sales arnt as good as hoped, a few times, then bad stuff will happen.
    Its completely normal practice in business and common. Since when was broker sales / get paid when it sels some sort of weird business practice? Amazon? Guitar auctions? Again they do all quotes based on multiple options.  Including buy outright from them. 

Dont worry, be silly.