SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: New Baby Taylor BT1, £175

TTonyTTony Frets: 27868
edited March 22 in Acoustics £
This arrived yesterday - my "free" BT1 as part of the AD27 bundle deal that GuitarGuitar did at the end of last year.

I've unboxed it, checked it over, tuned it, and taken the photos below.

It is, as you might expect from Taylor, all good.  No issues that I could spot, comfortably low action (lower than my AD27!) and plays quite nicely.  Solid spruce top over laminated back & sides with a pretty walnut finish.

But I've already got a GS Mini and this won't displace that, so here it is.  TBH, I didn't really expect to be keeping it, but selling it means that the effective cost of the AD27 falls a bit further.

Who's it for?  I could see it being useful for a number of purposes;
  • Travel guitar - well padded gigbag and reduced size/weight means it's ideal for chucking in the boot of a car
  • Sofa noodling - easy to pickup and noodle, without worrying about dinging your £2k main acoustic
  • Younger players - 3/4 size means it's a bit easier for those with smaller hands

Standard blurb;

The BT1 is a very compact model thanks to its 3/4 size dreadnought body and 22 3/4" scale length.  You don't have to worry about the body of the guitar feeling cumbersome and the short scale length means there's less string tension and the frets are closer together, easing the strain on your fingers. More experienced players will appreciate the smaller size and its makes it easier to travel with and it opens up tones you just can't get on a full-size guitar.

The dreadnought is an all-rounder body shape that suits both strumming and fingerpicking alike; while the 3/4 size means you sacrifice volume and punchiness you still get that versatility. The back and sides of the guitar are made from layered, laminated sapele/poplar/walnut which has an attractive wood grain and caramel hue without the cost of solid wood. Using laminated woods also allows them to bend an arch in the back for increased strength that'll hold up well to travelling. The top, however, is made from solid Sitka spruce, the industry standard for acoustic guitar tops. Spruce provides a balanced tone with a broad dynamic range making it a versatile tonewood suited to a wide range of styles.

The pics 

The Price

Standard price online seems to be £311 (Thomann) upwards.  GG have them for £339.

I'd like £175 (plus shipping) for this as-new Baby.  In the unlikely event that you're anywhere near IP22, then you're welcome to pickup, or arrange a meet-up handover.

Also worth mentioning that it's (obviously) not registered with Taylor, so you can register it and get the benefit of Taylor's customer services for as long as you keep it.  

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments