SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Custom Brook Lyn

What's Hot
PCT57PCT57 Frets: 40
edited April 18 in Acoustics £
I have decided to sell my custom Brook Lyn. It was handmade in Devon by Si and Andy at Brook Guitars during 2013 and I picked it up from the workshop in September of that year.

It has a European spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. The 12 fret neck is mahogany with an ebony fingerboard and bridge.

The guitar in great condition for a ten year old guitar. Things to mention are a slight hard to see ding on the top that hasn’t broken the lacquer. Also there are some little, again hard to see marks under the strings near the sound hole where the finish has sunk into a few of the tiny pockets in the top. It’s been like that for 8 years or so and not worsened and I can't manage to photograph it.

There is very little fret wear and it has nut width of 44mm with a string spacing at the bridge of 54mm.

It was a custom build to my specification. The upgrades/extra cost items from the Brook standard spec are figured mahogany b/s, cutaway, snake wood bindings, pyramid bridge, abalone rosette, abalone Martin style motif at the 12th fret and gold Waverley tuners with snake wood buttons. This guitar comes with a Hiscox case and if bought new from Brook at todays prices would cost approximately £3600.00 +

The price I’m looking for is £2500.00. (ono) pick up only or I may consider meeting somewhere not too far away. I am located in Saddleworth, north of Manchester in the UK.

Here's a video - photos to come.

https://youtu.be/LJ82uo_dNwU?si=PjkjxR-Jarf70nrD

Phil

PS it's got a nice low action that may suit those of you who are mainly electric players.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PCT57PCT57 Frets: 40
    edited April 2
    Here's a video to show playing finger style as a bump up.......

https://youtu.be/jyRK9GeHWuA?si=j-OzHxqGui6DKT99

I have short nails so this is playing with flesh.

Phil
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    WOW. 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ono added to original price.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1858
    PCT57 said:
    I have decided to sell my custom Brook Lyn. It was handmade in Devon by Si and Andy at Brook Guitars during 2013 and I picked it up from the workshop in September of that year.

It has a European spruce top with figured mahogany back and sides. The 12 fret neck is mahogany with an ebony fingerboard and bridge.

The guitar in great condition for a ten year old guitar. Things to mention are a slight hard to see ding on the top that hasn’t broken the lacquer. Also there are some little, again hard to see marks under the strings near the sound hole where the finish has sunk into a few of the tiny pockets in the top. It’s been like that for 8 years or so and not worsened and I can't manage to photograph it.

There is very little fret wear and it has nut width of 44mm with a string spacing at the bridge of 54mm.

It was a custom build to my specification. The upgrades/extra cost items from the Brook standard spec are figured mahogany b/s, cutaway, snake wood bindings, pyramid bridge, abalone rosette, abalone Martin style motif at the 12th fret and gold Waverley tuners with snake wood buttons. This guitar comes with a Hiscox case and if bought new from Brook at todays prices would cost approximately £3600.00 +

The price I’m looking for is £2500.00. (ono) pick up only or I may consider meeting somewhere not too far away. I am located in Saddleworth, north of Manchester in the UK.

Phil

PS it's got a nice low action that may suit those of you who are mainly electric players.
    Lovely part of the world that. My daughter lives in Mossley and we've had some nice visits to Uppermill in the recent past.
    Beautiful guitar with a very sensible nut width. Only a lottery jackpot could see me afford it but I'm sure somebody who can will love it.
    PCT57 said:

Phil

Lovely part of the world that. My daughter lives in Mossley and we've had some nice visits to Uppermill in the recent past.
    Beautiful guitar with a very sensible nut width. Only a lottery jackpot could see me afford it but I'm sure somebody who can will love it.
    Thanks very much.
    Still for sale with no offers received.