SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson CS SG Elegant Q *Mega bargain* | Klon Centaur OD Horsie (original) for sale or trade

What's Hot
Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 277
edited April 9 in Guitars £
2009 SG CS Elegant Q

I had this listed for sale before here but this is a pretty substantial price drop so chucking it in here again...
From 2009 these Custom Shop Elegant's are quite hard to come by. This one was purchased used in 2012 (not by me) from a music shop in NYC for $3500. I must confess to buying this on a whim as SG's are really not my bag at all. Its sat in its case since then and really needs to go to a good home.

Condition is excellent save for a slight ding on the headstock by the D tuner, as well as some very light playwear. The pickups are the original 57 classics (not a huge fan myself) but have had the jimmy page wiring mod which gives you god knows how many pickup combinations.

These have been known to sell around 4k back when the market was strong, and I had originally listed it for 2700. I really need this moved on now so a bargain-tastic price of £2000 will take this SG. Pickup preferred but shipping isn't a problem.

Full Album here: https://imgur.com/a/UnuSKX7

KLON CENTAUR (Horsie)

A nice early short tailed gold Horsie with phone/fax sticker on the back. These are currently going for between £3.5k and £6k depending on the slight variations (long tail, short tail, no horsie, gold, silver, rear sticker etc). A great investment piece that doesn't take up too much space!

Trade or cash for this beaut. KLON NOW TRADED. Cheapest I can find in the UK is £5995 for a later version. Sounds utterly incredible of course. Electrics only for trade options, and happy to take cash with something nice.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    edited March 23
    Wow - £6k for one of these Centaurs - amazed - could have bought one of these at Charlie Chandler's for about £250/300 back in the day but passed on it. Had a silver one which was stunning and sold that for a good price at the time (£600) now the prices have gone crazy but this looks like a bargain in comparison for what should be a serious investment piece. GLWTS - they are unmatched IMHO....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 277
    wellsyboy said:
    Wow - £6k for one of these Centaurs - amazed - could have bought one of these at Charlie Chandler's for about £250/300 back in the day but passed on it. Had a silver one which was stunning and sold that for a good price at the time (£600) now the prices have gone crazy but this looks like a bargain in comparison for what should be a serious investment piece. GLWTS - they are unmatched IMHO....
    Thanks dude. Yea prices on them went mad, but there’s lots of pedal collectors these days, and I suppose the Centaur is the ultimate pomp piece. I’ve sold a few mid 60’s strats and early 335’s for peanuts back in the day, so feel your pain lol!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Love the SG, right up my street that one!

Happy to consider Patrick James Eggle trades for the SG...
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4109
    Very nice sg
    Up
    Pre holiday bump
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3881
  • rocker6rocker6 Frets: 16
    That sg is beaut
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4109
    Lebarque said:
    If you buy my Ebony SG I might be able to afford to buy this one. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2200
    No wonder inflation is so high with the Klons going mad. Need to get old Bill to knock out a few more, before the FED increase interest rates again ;)
    edited March 30
    Both still available but likely being listed on Reverb soon :)
    Bump
    Bumpy 
    Klon gone but SG still available 
    2k for a historic SG with all the bling