SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Carr The Bloke, £995 ono - now withdrawn.

What's Hot
eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
edited April 10 in Amps £
For sale, Carr 'The Bloke', serial no.008 of only 76 made, if the interweb is to be believed. It's in excellent overall condition with a little bit of discolouring/marking on the underside (see pics).

I've owned this amp for 6 years and in that time its been gigged maybe three or four times and had mainly home use in a smoke free environment. It's recently had a valve change and service by Dave at Rosewell Amps, so its in tip top working condition. Comes with a padded cover.

Cutting to the chase then. As mentioned previously, this amp is definitely a one trick pony but, my god, what a trick it is. The overdrive that this amp produces is exceptional. Very little in the way of clean headroom but if you’re the kind of guitarist that rides the volume control on your guitar, to go from edge of break up to full on lead tone, then this amp is definitely worth a look. The overdrive is very responsive (alive), full, with plenty of mid-range to cut through the mix, and the note definition is excellent. This amp loves a treble booster in front of it. The three band EQ section is a very useful tone shaping tool and the bass control provides a decent trouser flapping thump for a 1x12” combo. Has the original Elsinore speaker installed.

48w with a pair of EL34s or 23w with 6V6s. It currently has JJ 6V6s installed (still very loud) but a pair of JJ EL34s are included in the sale and the amp is easy to re-bias with a multi-meter following the instructions in the manual, available online.

Looking for £995 ono, which is an absolute steal for an amp of this quality. As I'm sure you're all aware, Steve Carr really knows his onions.

Cash on collection preferred, or I can meet halfway within a reasonable distance from West Yorkshire. PM me with any questions or to make arrangements.

Thanks for looking!

Bloke-1 Bloke-2 Bloke-3 Bloke-4 Bloke-9 Bloke-8 Bloke-7 Bloke-11 Bloke-10 Bloke-12 Bloke-14
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7201
    Bloody great amps - always regretted selling mine . Proper old school rock tones 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    .......which was mine before you.......they are totally a one trick pony but it's the one that wins the Gymkhana
    I actually think I got better sound out of mine than the Merc V 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
    Now for sale bump.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Weekend bump.
  • WillEdmundsWillEdmunds Frets: 168
    Cooool. Carr amps all sound brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've seen something I'm keen on, so now taking very near offers. No Trades, thanks.
  • Withnail66Withnail66 Frets: 1
    Very interested but down in Gloucestershire. Would it be possible to meet somewhere halfway
    Cheers,
    Paul
    Very interested but down in Gloucestershire. Would it be possible to meet somewhere halfway
    Cheers,
    Paul

PM'd.
    Still available.
    Almost mid-week bump for possibly the highest quality amp a grand can buy!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I actually think I owned this one previously