Fuzz Face

What's Hot
So I’ve been following my pals passion/adiction/obsession with collecting Fuzz Faces for a while @photek and much as I wanted to collect 30+ Fuzzes and display them it isn’t really an option so I decided to make one damned good one.

Started off finding a Jimmy C BC183L direct from the man himself in the US via (reverb initially) Instagram. Top chap to deal with, responsive even considering our time differences to the UK and a lot less expensive than I was prepared for and there in the 8 day wait for it to arrived and the enclosure decisions had to be made.

I hadn’t really decided on colour or finish until indecision forced me to go with my gut and try a gloss British racing green (partially to impress my old man who has had a fair few classics over the years). 

Primed, colour in Rust Oleum went pretty damn well… other than having to sand it back slightly and recoat due to some pesky flies getting into the finish despite covering it with a box! 

Luckily, I have the ability to make decals thanks to my wife’s crafting hobby. The only place I could find them was in the US and the company don’t post to the UK…

And applied! 

Not perfect but I’m no artist.

Really happy with the final outcome. Little modification to the smiley to personalise it!

Oh and it sounds amazing! 

I have some sets of black and cream decals left over if anyone’s after some for a small sum (wife’s materials, time and machine). Not yet tested on hammered finish but they’re super sticky (particularly in black). Beard decals I’ll have to make more of (with words of your choice. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Excellent work dude, great of you to offer the decals out, they are such a pain in arse to source! Looking forward to a catch up fuzz session soon :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    lovely stuff. great choice of colours
  • ChoivertChoivert Frets: 64
    edited March 23
    Hi, id be interested in a black set of decals. I'll message you. (Annoyingly I just ordered from the US company...)

P.s this looks brilliant. I love the racing green. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9647
    edited March 24
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    @LewisJ ;
    Looks cool as….Where did you get your enclosure?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• LewisJLewisJ Frets: 30
    @paulnb57 fuzz cases in the UK, wasn’t cheap though! A lot of people buy the modern ones and strip the finish for the same money :)