Pulsatile Tinnitus

HaychHaych Frets: 5660
I've had regular tinnitus in both ears for close to 30 years now.

I seem to have developed pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear a couple of days ago.  The normal kind of tinnitus I've learned to live with but this isn't fun!

Don't google it - the cause is everything from high blood pressure to I'm about to die.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2510
    edited March 23
    I’ve had it on and off since catching covid, getting on for 3 years now. Mostly notice it when I’m sick or run down, or hungover, anything that elevates blood pressure. Dont really notice it during the day any more otherwise
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    I have it from high blood pressure but ironic that drugs like Amlopidene for BP  can actually cause tinnitus 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7487
    I have it - for that and other reasons had my carotid arteries scanned and was ok 
    Red ones are better. 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5006
    Dominic said:
    I have it from high blood pressure but ironic that drugs like Amlopidene for BP  can actually cause tinnitus 

I've had high BP for quite a few years and have had no change at all in my tinnitus since starting on Amlodipene. Side effects obviously differ from person to person.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 374
    I can see why you said don't google it now. I have high blood pressure controlled by pills almost.

I sometimes find it hard to sleep due to hearing my heart pump in my ears. Mrs J mentioned out of the blue that she had that a few weeks ago and doesn't have high blood pressure. I don't have tinnitus on a day to day basis, some days I do. It has got worse since my single known bout of Covid.

Breathlessness also happens at similar times. I do blame Covid, it's a pernicious and insidious virus.

• snowblindsnowblind Frets: 282
    Best thing I've ever found for reducing tinnitus is lots of sleep. A few years back had a holiday in Turkey. We tended to sleep most of the afternoons away because it was so bloody hot. At the end of the break the tinnitus was gone. It has since come back of course but these days if I get 6 hours uninterrupted a night I count it as a victory. 

When did being on-call at work 24x7 become a thing? That bloody pandemic screwed us over in more ways than we realize.

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.