Recommend me a smoothie maker

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
Fancy getting a blender to make smoothies. Any tips?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4106
    I had a nutribullet which lasted a few years and was pretty effective. No good if its hidden away in a cupboard though  has to be out  . .

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3677
    Got a Tefal… not had any issue for years through a smoothie stage.  Will grind up frozen fruit and fruit juices fine.. pop in a banana.

I generally eat chunks of fruit now though and avoid the brain freeze of ice cold smoothie.

Like a few kitchen bits like toastie makers, it get used less than it should these days   A hand blender gets far more use as I can blend soups while still in the pan.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Nutribullet is the best blender I've ever had.  It does chew through the motor though.  I use ours daily - had to replace the base unit after 5 years and have replaced cups a couple of times (that's probably regular dishwasher use that's making the plastic brittle).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    Buy one that looks nice. It’ll spend a lot of years sitting on the counter unused.

Nutribullet was the best of many blenders I tried over the years when I was making daily greens drinks - grinding kale & broccoli can require some torque. It’s sat in a cupboard these days as using a pre-made powder is just less of a ballache.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1428
    We've a ninja, woks well.
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    There's at least 2 different types. Blenders and juice extractors. We bought one of the latter types and love what it does. No need to peel or core anything, just shove it in and you get most of the juice in one pot and a sausage shaped pulp in another. In the past I had a blender but didn't like all the bits floating to the top and then having to clean the bloody nozzle out.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    nero1701 said:
    Think you might have confused two different nations there. 

(sorry) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    I have an older version of this: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8885636?clickSR=slp:term:blender:2:7:1
    Basically Argos’ own range. 

I would go for a glass jug over plastic.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    I use one multiple times a day in my coffee van. The Nutribullet packed in within a few months, so I swapped to my Ninja which hasn’t missed a beat as yet…much more powerful, but I do need it to do a lot of work
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Magimix are expensive but the motor has a 10 year warranty and they commit to having spares available for 10 years
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1000
    Nutribullet. Mine is still going strong. Had it a good few years and still use it regularly. I have had to buy replacement parts every now and again, but that's normal wear and tear. 
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 362
    I’d go with a Ninja. If you go for the soup maker you get that extra functionality. It has programs for smoothies, frozen drink, dessert, milkshake, smooth and chunky soup, jam and sauce. 
    Think it was about £130 on some offer or other. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    Ninja again here. Can't remember what I had before but it didn't last long. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1428
    Sporky said:
    nero1701 said:
    Think you might have confused two different nations there. 

(sorry) 
    Love it!