Reverb.com

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
edited March 25 in Guitar
Have any others been mucked about with Reverb.com over their account/listings?

I had my account suspended straight after I received an offer for one of my listings and although it has been reinstated upon my appeal, it seems that the terms and payments options have now been weighted towards Reverb Pay and I cannot re host my listing whilst the offer (which I have had no success in contacting the buyer) is 'in place'..?

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Did you accept the offer pre-suspension? If so you might need to cancel it before you can relist 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorfunkDoctorfunk Frets: 67
    Happened to me too. Reverb seems a little unreliable these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3825
    edited March 26
    I've just posted something on Reverb and almost immediately got an 'offer' with this message...

Welcome to Reverb Customer Service

Your store has been temporarily suspended

Our system has noticed suspicious activity on your account. We have doubts that you are the owner of the store.
    You must confirm your personal information to continue interacting with the store.

Due to the increasing number of account loss and fraud cases, we ask you to carry out the procedure immediately.

https://auth-revrb.com************.    [admin edit - link edited]

To confirm that you are the owner of the store go to the individual form for you and open the confirmation form for your store. 
    If you do not verify after 10 hours, we will have to block your account

seems to come from an account called Janice Profits located in Paris, France. Pretty certain it's dodgy, and have no intention of clicking on the link!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    Link edited to avoid anyone clicking inadvertently. 

Suggest that you report this to Reverb
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    Link edited to avoid anyone clicking inadvertently. 

Suggest that you report this to Reverb
    Whoops, sorry I didn't think of that! What an eejut!  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 27
    I was not given an reason for my suspension  or much of an apology for losing my sale, but when relisting my item, suddenly my 'paypal' account has a problem' ! ?? Don't know why or what, but the only way to get things back to normal was to only offer their Reverb Pay option... Seems a bit of a strong-arm tactic to force you to use their payment option only.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
     Last payment took 8 days to arrive
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    57Deluxe said:
    Seems a bit of a strong-arm tactic to force you to use their payment option only.
    More likely, a crude phishing exercise for banking and identity details.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    I've just posted something on Reverb and almost immediately got an 'offer' with this message...

Welcome to Reverb Customer Service

Your store has been temporarily suspended

Our system has noticed suspicious activity on your account. We have doubts that you are the owner of the store.
    You must confirm your personal information to continue interacting with the store.

Due to the increasing number of account loss and fraud cases, we ask you to carry out the procedure immediately.

https://auth-revrb.com************.    [admin edit - link edited]

To confirm that you are the owner of the store go to the individual form for you and open the confirmation form for your store. 
    If you do not verify after 10 hours, we will have to block your account

seems to come from an account called Janice Profits located in Paris, France. Pretty certain it's dodgy, and have no intention of clicking on the link!
    I received the exact same message via an “offer”, albeit from a different user. Responded with a counter-offer of £100k and a message that I would be reporting them to Reverb. Sadly my counter-offer was not accepted :)

Unfortunately Reverb has become a cesspit of scammers much like everywhere else these days. Except TFB.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobeffectbobeffect Frets: 57
    Similar offer/message received tonight upon listing some stuff. I declined the offer and told them I'd reported the offer/message to the grown ups. Hopefully did the right thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom