Kinect devices

What's Hot
KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
edited March 26 in Off Topic
I was thinking about getting one for my son to use with his Xbox one.

You seem to be able to get them for about £20 on Ebay but I really don’t know what I'm looking at. Is there anything I should be aware of before I waste some money?

Any extra cables, software, etc. needed or anything? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited March 26
    I bought one recently as we had got back into playing Wii games, and the old Kinect games on the Xbox 360 were good - Kinect adventures I think it was? However I then found you can' play those 360 games on the One, and the games that are available don't look anywhere near as  good as the Adventures one on the 360, so I'm back to trying to  find a better way to plug that old console into my Tv which no longer has Scart on it...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    edited March 26
    I bought one recently as we had got back into playing Wii games, and the old Kinect games on the Xbox 360 were good - Kinect adventures I think it was? However I then found you can' play those 360 games on the One, and the games that are available don't look anywhere near as  good as the Adventures one on the 360, so I'm back to trying to  find a better way to plug that old console into my Tv which no longer has Scart on it...
    Ooh, I don't know. The ones I have seen have a power cable and an hdmi?

His is an s series (?) software only.

He asked for a game a while ago and when it was downloaded he found it wasn't compatible because it needed kinect. That's all I know really. Don't know if the ones I'm looking at are old versions maybe. They say for xbox1. 
  • Kurtis said:

Unfortunately Kinect not supported by the Series consoles.
    Kurtis said:

Ah crap, well at least I know not to bother. Thanks. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    i'm not an expert to be honest, just wanted to point out that you can't play the 360 Kinect games on Xbox One even though you can play normal non-Kinect 360 games on it. I'm sure the games on One are fine, I think the S one you have to download them so presumably searching the word Kinect will show you how many there are and you can take your pick
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    i'm not an expert to be honest, just wanted to point out that you can't play the 360 Kinect games on Xbox One even though you can play normal non-Kinect 360 games on it. I'm sure the games on One are fine, I think the S one you have to download them so presumably searching the word Kinect will show you how many there are and you can take your pick
    Ah right, get you now. Thanks. 
    Kurtis said:
    Kurtis said:

Ah crap, well at least I know not to bother. Thanks. 
    Just noticed an adapter on amazon that says... 

• Latest Version---The Kinect Xbox one adapter makes it easier to enjoy the entertainment and versatility of the Xbox One Kinect sensor on your Xbox One S, Xbox One X, or Windows PC.

Any good? 

Although starting to get more pricey. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27079
    edited March 26
    Is the Xbox a "One S" or "Series S"? OneS has a disc slot, Series S has a black circle on the top and no disc slot.

Those are different machines and hence compatible with different kit (thanks Microsoft...)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Is the Xbox a "One S" or "Series S"?

Those are different machines and hence compatible with different kit (thanks Microsoft...)
    Oh, blinkin' eck! I'll need to check, I don't know.

Thanks for help. 

Going by the pic, it's a "series".

Looks like a no go. 

Thanks all.