New M Knopfler single - Two pairs of hands

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14260
in Music tFB Trader
I know Mark is a fan of JJ Cale, but this new single is as close to JJ Cale as you'll get - To the point you'd almost think it was an AI representation of him

Don't get me wrong, as I'm a big fan of JJ Cale and I like this single - The whole grove, simple riff, melody and even the solo is pure JJ Cale - I like it - Will look out for the album in due course
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380
    Mark's playing is how can I say it...limited by his health. Good songs and a smart move to bring Greg Leisz in too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    Strat54 said:
    Mark's playing is how can I say it...limited by his health. Good songs and a smart move to bring Greg Leisz in too. 
    Googling this suggests he may have Parkinsons. Hopefully this is just internet rumour, though I watched a few YouTube videos from his final tour and thought he seemed to be having some difficulties, particularly with his right hand. 

His solo career has been a mixed bag for me. Based on what I’ve heard from the new album, I don’t think I’ll be buying it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    That single wouldn’t encourage me to get the album. However I’ve just listened to the album on Amazon Music and, on a first listen, it seems pretty decent.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom