alternatives to GoDaddy?

hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
Can’t fucking stand godaddy and finally want to get my act together and transfer domains to another provider. 

Are there any that people would recommend? Google is not much help
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    According to pretty much every youtube channel I watch then Squarespace is an option
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    Namecheap
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    123 reg are fine.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26615
    I've always used 123-Reg. They've got some issues with emails - they keep messing around with their forwarders, so I've sucked it up and moved all that stuff to ImrpovMX (much more reliable service). Still keep my domains with 123-Reg, though.

If you're thinking of moving any of your hosting to AWS, it's worth bearing in mind that domain registration is free through Route 53.
    <space for hire>
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    I used to use AWS Route 53 but then migrated everything over to GCP Cloud Domains a while back. Probably not the best if you're just interested in ease of registration/management, tho. 

I used to be a reseller for UKReg/Fasthosts back in the day and they were always painless to deal with. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    For actual site hosting, or for dmain registration and DNS management?

FWIW I would generally recommend keeping the two aspects separate: have the registration and DNS in one place (or even two, sometimes) and the site hosting in another. And potentially the email in yet another.

Then when you get pissed off with one aspect of the provision it's easy enough to ditch that bit without trashing the rest of your life.
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 369
    StopDaddy?
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    I've moved a bunch of domains to Porkbun recently. So far so good.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11771
    I'd never use GoDaddy again based on our experience of them in our business.  I'd imagie almost anyone would be better.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 609
    I've always used 123-Reg. They've got some issues with emails - they keep messing around with their forwarders, so I've sucked it up and moved all that stuff to ImrpovMX (much more reliable service). Still keep my domains with 123-Reg, though.

If you're thinking of moving any of your hosting to AWS, it's worth bearing in mind that domain registration is free through Route 53.
    We need to bulk email at times and 123-reg has been the only company that would block our emails despite the usual SPF, DKIM Reverse Pointers etc. They didn't respond to emails either.

That was years ago so maybe they have changed, worth checking reviews with something as important as emails (domains).

Good luck!